Make a Taco Pie in The Instant Pot
This was a first for me! My first taco pie in the Instant Pot. I assure you, it will not be my last. It literally took 10 minutes to make. The prep took longer than the cooking time. I have been making this recipe for years.
5 layers of yummy in every bite. Believe it or not, this dish is not too fattening. In fact, you can make it even fewer calories by using a low-fat/fat-free shredded chicken. The re-fried beans were fat-free and they are good for you. The ground beef I used was 95% fat-free.
You can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken if you wanted. The highest caloric thing in this pie is flour tortillas. Even those were 100 calories per tortilla. So not that bad overall. However, if you are gluten-free this would be a NO.
I kicked it up just a notch with a few chipotle peppers. My husband loves those and I figured instead of adding them inside the taco pie I would add a few on top for him only.
I would say this could easily feed a family of 4. You can maybe even stretch it to 6 if you serve some rice on the side. It would only be 1 serving a piece though. Our family always goes for seconds.
Just in case you are wondering what pan I used. My new addition to Home Pressure cooking. The Insta-Pan.
Enjoy! Hope to see you back again. See the recipe down below.
Pressure Cooker Taco Pie
- 1 LBS Lean Ground Beef I Used 95/5
- 16 Oz Refried Beans
- 16 OZ Diced Tomatoes with Chilis
- 1 Package Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/3 Cup Water
- 5-6 Tortillas Flour Tortillas
Optional For Topping
- Shredded Lettuce
- First, saute ground beef.
- Drain the meat accordingly.
- Add taco seasoning packet along with 1/3 cup of water and just a few spoonfuls of the diced tomatoes.NOTES: While your meat is sauteing get ready to prep pan. I ALWAYS add a tinfoil lip under my Springform pan. NO matter what Springform pan you are using I find this to be a fail-proof way to ensure no extra mess and clean up.
- Remove the meat from the inner pot.
- Clean the inner pot and set it back in your Pressure cooker.
- Spray your 7' inch Springform pan with cooking spray lightly.
- Layer one flour tortilla on the bottom.
- Next, take your refried beans and lightly layer them on top of the flour tortilla.
- Add a layer of ground beef, add a layer of diced tomatoes, sprinkle cheese on top. Repeat the same process until you get to the top of your pan. I was able to do 5 layers.
- On the last layer, I simply added the diced tomatoes, sprinkled cheese, and added a few spicy chipotle peppers on top.
- If you do not have a trivet to put your pan on, you can either make a tinfoil sleeve to go under your pan and be sure it is long enough to grab each side so you can lower it in your pot. BE sure to add a cup of water to the pot.
- Close lid, set to High-Pressure Manual for 15 minutes.
- Once your timer has beeped you may do a quick release. Remove pan from the pot and let cool on a plate for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve, adding shredded lettuce, more tomatoes, salsa, and some guacamole.
Pin it, Make it, Share it! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid HERE.
We are really excited you are here. You can also find us on The Home Pressure Cooking Facebook Page
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all my recipes shared, gadgets, and more tidbits for your pressure cooking needs.