There are just some foods from childhood that suddenly come back to you as pure comfort food. I had completely forgotten about this dish until today. It’s probably been at least 40 years since I have had it.
It was a side or main dish on my Italian side of the families that we would have often. I can even recall eating it cold and loving it. Today I am sharing how to make Spaghetti pie in the Instant Pot.
It looks just like a pie, just as high and as dense. Can you believe I used an entire pound of spaghetti? And it fit just right in my Insta-pan.
Find all my recipes to date that I have made using the 7′ Springform pan HERE
I want you to keep in mind you can certainly add some meat to this pie if you so desire. You can add sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, etc. Just keep in mind you may not be able to fit the entire pound of pasta in the pan if you add meat, or even some vegetables. I only remember having this spaghetti pie with perhaps a little diced up pepperoni inside. This also makes for a great appetizer. Simply cut up to bite size pieces and have a side of marinara sauce for dipping. If you are serving for dinner, a side salad will suffice. This is certainly filling.
How to make Spaghetti Pie in the Instant Pot
Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Pie
- 1 LB Spaghetti
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Grated
- 1/2 Cup Swiss Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
Add to Taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Add a 5-6 cups of water to the pot. Break your spaghetti in half and be sure to fan it while placing in the pot. Be sure all your spaghetti is submerged in water. Lightly season with salt and drizzle olive oil on top. Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes with a quick release. Your spaghetti may be Al-dente'. Be careful your pot is away from cabinets so the steam doesn't hit them.
- Strain your spaghetti and run cold water in the strainer to stop the cooking process.
- Using a pan of choice (lightly grease the bottom and sides with olive oil), you may wrap the bottom of your pan in foil. However, this dish there will be no leaking what so ever. I always wrap my pan for cheesecakes and cakes though. Set pan aside.
- In a large bowl add your Spaghetti and drizzle more olive oil in the bowl. Enough that your pasta is completely covered and no noodles are sticking together.
- Lightly salt and pepper your pasta. Mix well again.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl (I added a tad of milk to the eggs).
- Pour the eggs over the spaghetti and mix well.
- Add in your cheese blends and again, mix well.
- Add your garlic to taste. I like a lot, my son, however does not. But I snuck more in anyway.
- I always set my pot on saute mode while preparing a dish I am almost ready to put in. I add two cups of water because your water will evaporate if you choose to heat up the pot a bit before hand. Heating up your pot will speed up the pressure time.
- Add your spaghetti to your pan. Be sure you add in evenly and pat down if necessary with a spatula.
- Place your pan on a trivet. If you do not have one, make a home made foil sleeve under your pan so you can gently place it in the pot.
- Cancel out saute option and hit off. Now start your pot up on Manual High pressure and set for 15 minutes.
- Once your pot beeps, you may naturally release. Remove pie out and set on a plate to cool down a bit. In about 10-15 minutes you may release your Spring-form pan and dive in.
- This is great served with a crisp side salad and topped with a marinara sauce Enjoy!
Pin it, make it:) Love it.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out our custom line of goods for the Instant Pot- Pressure Cooker, Air fryer, Mealthy, oven and Ninja Foodi.
Buy from a known and trusted USA, seller, brand and creator . You always know where to find us. All highlighted links lead to our Amazon affiliate links.
The Insta Rack ,
Find recipes HERE using egg bite molds
The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:)
Gorgeous tiffany blue color! Tiffany Blue Insta-Pan HERE.
Another cool addition to our line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini pots and up, 6, 8 Qt. etc.
Find all our recipes using the 3 cup flower pan HERE
Custom made Eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them, never wants to let them go! You can learn all about Spurtles and their history HERE
Deluxe Bake-ware set for use with all your baking needs, compatible with the Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker, Mealthy CrispLid and oven use.
Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Recipes made using the Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, they are quite cute too!
Check out our digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook here with over 70 tried, true and tested recipes!
You will have most ingredients and spices in your every day pantry. Very traditional cooking for the every day person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
HPC COOKBOOK HERE
Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer and Mealthy CrispLid HERE.
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods.
If you are new to the whole Ninja Foodi experience, you can check out our Ninja Foodi review HERE.
Another new kid on the scene is the Mealthy CrispLid! This is a total game changer for use with your current 6 or 8 Qt. Pressure Cookers. Find our Review and thoughts HERE.
Find the Mealthy Crisplid HERE
USE CODE: HOMEPRESSURECOOKING for $10.00 OFF the Mealthy CrispLid
Find all our tested Ninja Foodi recipes we have made so far HERE.
Find us on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join our Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
We are really excited you are here. You can also find us on Home pressure cooking Facebook page
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all our recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.