How to make Italian sausage and peppers in the Pressure Cooker
This was another quick, tasty, and somewhat healthy recipe. Today, we are sharing how to make Italian sausage and Peppers in the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi- Pressure cooker. This meal is a great summer feeling food that the entire family will enjoy. You will have plenty of sauce leftover that you can either freeze or save for the next day and make some pasta. There, we just planned dinner for two nights. We used Italian sweet chicken sausage in lieu of pork. Of course, you can improvise any sausage to your liking.
This dish reminds me of fair food at it’s finest right from the comforts of your own home. The sauce will make enough for two meals. ENJOY.
Italian sausage and peppers in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker
Italian Sausage and Peppers in the Ninja Foodi-Pressure Cooker method
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Green Peppers
- 1 Cup Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Yellow Peppers
- 1 Cup Onion
- 2 TBSP Chopped Garlic
- 1 Dash Italian Seasoning to taste
- 1 Dash Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 Rolls Hoagie Rolls
- 6 Links Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup water OPTIONAL May add in cornstarch pre mixed with a little water then add to the pot for thickness desired.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the Ninja Foodi- pressure cooker inner pot.
- Turn on saute option and let heat up in just under a minute.
- Saute your onions, peppers and garlic until a light golden brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water (OPTIONAL) and your sausage to the pot. I use a fork so that the sausage has a light poke in it. You know how sausage can be, even lower fat kind tend to bust open.
- Add your Italian season, salt and pepper.
- Cook on High Pressure Manual for 20 minutes. Let Natural release.
- Dinner is ready to be served on a fresh hoagie roll topped with mozzarella and a side salad. Enjoy.
Pin it, make it, share it:)
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out my custom line of goods for the pressure cooker, air fryer, oven and Ninja Foodi.
Find me on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join my Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
Buy from a known and trusted brand. You always know where to find me. All highlighted links lead to my Amazon affiliate links.
egg bite molds, The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:) Now offering in Tiffany blue color! and of course the Insta-Pans, Tiffany Blue Insta-Pan HERE
Newest addition to my line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini and up.
Another new goodie recently rolled out in our Home Pressure cooking line.
My custom made eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them, never wants to let them go!
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, they are quite cute too!
Check out my new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook here. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your every day pantry. Very traditional cooking for the every day person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
HPC COOKBOOK HERE
I am really excited you are here. You can also find me on Home pressure cooking Facebook page where I demonstrate live cooking demos.
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all my recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.