“Good humor comes from the kitchen”! You know that is an Irish saying.
There are so many comforting Irish quotes pertaining to good ole’ comfort food and eating. The Irish are indeed a lovely nationality and the country side of Ireland is one that will forever me etched in my mind.
Today, given it is St. Patrick’s day my husband and I wanted to make Guinness beef stew in the pressure cooker.
So enough said… another quote from the dear old Irish is a stew boiled is a stew spoiled.
That is the beauty of cooking in the pressure cooker, nothing ever boils. It simply simmers up all the beautiful flavors that food truly does have.
This wonderful Guinness stew does not only have to be for St. Patrick’s day, obviously. It’s just an all year round tasty, healthy and delicious stew. My husband got a little creative on the veggie platter. The vegetable go in last. They only take about 6-7 minutes, and are completely cooked and so delicious.
Pin it, make it, ohhhh so good!
How to make Guinness Beef stew in the Pressure cooker
Guinness Beef Stew in the Pressure Cooker
- 2 LBS Beef Stew Meat Or Chuck Roast
- 2 Cups Onion Rough Chopped
- 1 Bag Baby Carrots
- 3-4 Whole Parsnips Peeled and Chunked
- 1/2 LB Yokon Potatoes Sliced
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 TSP Dried Thyme
- 4 TBSP Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Pint Guiness Extra Stout
- 32 OZs Beef Broth
- 1 Dash Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Stick Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1 Whole Shallot
- 2 Cups Green Beans
- First take your half a stick of garlic/herb butter and put in your pot, saute' mode. You can use vegetable oil as well, but the butter is so much better.
- Place your meat, onions and shallot in the pot and lightly saute' getting everything nice and lightly brown.
- Add 2 tbsp. of tomato paste. Only plain tomato paste, nothing with garlic, or basil, etc. Stir well.
- Add your bottle of Guinness, and beef broth.
- Hit stew/meat option button on your pressure cooker and set for 30 minutes on normal pressure.
- Once the cycle is finished, you can do a Quick release option and then add in all your vegetables, carrots, potatoes and green beans and remaining tomato paste. Stir well. Be sure to submerge all the vegetables int he broth. Close lid, seal and set on manual for 6-7 minutes. QR option when finished.
- Serve with a side of sour dough bread and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out my custom line of goods for the pressure cooker, air fryer, oven and Ninja Foodi.
Find me on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join my Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
Buy from a known and trusted brand. You always know where to find me. All highlighted links lead to my Amazon affiliate links.
egg bite molds, The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:) Now offering in Tiffany blue color! and of course the Insta-Pans, Tiffany Blue Insta-Pan HERE
Newest addition to my line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini and up.
Another new goodie recently rolled out in our Home Pressure cooking line.
My custom made eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them, never wants to let them go!
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, they are quite cute too!
Check out my new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook here. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your every day pantry. Very traditional cooking for the every day person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
HPC COOKBOOK HERE
I am really excited you are here. You can also find me on Home pressure cooking Facebook page where I demonstrate live cooking demos.
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all my recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.