This almost seems too simple to even share how to make a box cake in the pressure cooker.
But from a newbie stand point (including myself) it is totally worth the share. I have never considered myself a good baker, none the less a good cook. My feelings and attitude toward that have changed a lot in the past 4 to 5 months since owning my Instant Pot.
It would seem like “baking” in the Instant Pot or any Pressure cooker for that matter, just doesn’t seem right. You don’t get that golden brown look to a cake as you do with baking in the oven. That really doesn’t matter to me considering we always frost or have a topping of some sort on a cake anyhow. I am here to tell you I feel baking cakes in the pressure cooker is the only way to go.
They are moist, dense, and taste way better in my opinion. Although, I haven’t met too many cakes in my day that I didn’t like HA!~
First thing you need to grab is my custom made Insta-Pan! Yes, I created it and was the first on the Amazon market with this pan. It’s awesome and versatile for most all meals and desserts. You can find all my recipes I have made using the 7′ Spring form pan HERE
Pin it, bake it!
CHECK out my recent post from customers! Their cakes, their testaments HERE
While you are here visiting you can find all the amazing recipes I have made using the 7′ Spring form pan HERE
HOW to make a box cake in the Pressure Cooker
How to make a box cake in the pressure cooker
- 1 15.oz Box cake mix, preferably Duncan Hines
- 1 Can of cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Per your boxed cake directions such as your eggs, oil, water-add accordingly just the same in a mixing bowl and mix all together minus your pie filling and nuts. Although, you may throw some nuts in the mix if you so desire.
- Spray the pan lightly with non-stick butter or baking spray. For this cake I only used the Bundt portion and of course sprayed the bottom and sides.
- Whatever time the box cake calls for in the oven, I typically just half that time. This cake in particular took me 25 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Always be sure to add a cup of water in the pot.
- Set on High Pressure Manual 25 minutes and when time is up do a Quick release.
- Let your cake cool on a flat surface.
- Run a silicone spatula around the inner pan gently and use the spring-form latch to release. You can take a plate over the cake and flip upside down to see your pretty design.Note: If you are making a chocolate cake you can do some simple powered sugar so you will see the pretty design on your work of art cake.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out our custom line of goods for the Instant Pot- Pressure Cooker, Air fryer, Mealthy, oven and Ninja Foodi.
Buy from a known and trusted USA, seller, brand and creator . You always know where to find us. All highlighted links lead to our Amazon affiliate links.
We have the Insta-cover, for 6 Qt.- 3 Qt. and 8 Qt. for Instant Pots and NOW the NINJA foodi cover size available for 6.5 Qt. and 8 Qt.
The Insta Rack egg bite molds,
The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:)
Gorgeous tiffany blue color! Tiffany Blue Insta-Pan HERE.
Find all our recipes using the Two in One Spring-form/Bundt Pan HERE
Another cool addition to our line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini pots and up, 6, 8 Qt. etc.
Find all our recipes using the 3 cup flower pan HERE
Custom made Eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them, never wants to let them go!
4 Piece Wooden Bamboo Spurtle set,
Deluxe Bake-ware set for use with all your baking needs, compatible with the Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker, Mealthy CrispLid and oven use.
Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Recipes made using the Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, they are quite cute too!
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook here with over 70 tried, true and tested recipes!
You will have most ingredients and spices in your every day pantry. Very traditional cooking for the every day person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
HPC COOKBOOK HERE
Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer and Mealthy CrispLid HERE.
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods.
If you are new to the whole Ninja Foodi experience, you can check out our Ninja Foodi review HERE.
Another new kid on the scene is the Mealthy CrispLid! This is a total game changer for use with your current 6 or 8 Qt. Pressure Cookers. Find our Review and thoughts HERE.
USE CODE: HOMEPRESSURECOOKING for $10.00 OFF the Mealthy CrispLid
Find all our tested Ninja Foodi recipes we have made so far HERE.
Find us on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join our Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
We are really excited you are here. You can also find us on Home pressure cooking Facebook page
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all our recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.