- Large Macaroni Noodles
- Cheddar Cheese
- Half and Half
- Crispy Bacon Bits
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Taco sized flour or corn tortillas
How is this not a thing?
I do a dinner stream on twitch several days a week: UMBRAo72 – Twitch. I was making bacon mac and cheese, nothing special. One of the viewers in chat, by the name of Fiesta Taco likes to challenge me to turn whatever I’m making into a taco.
I usually comply, unless I’m making soup. That’s where I draw the line.
Anyway, it was awesome, I warmed up a tortilla, hit it with some hot sauce and my world was changed. I want to share that silly world with you all.
It’s kind of so simple that it’s dumb. Use any macaroni and cheese you like. As long as it’s awesome it will be fine. Jam it in a taco shell, top it with bacon, hot sauce and jalapenos. Of course, I will be leaving the exact recipe for my quick one pot mac and cheese. But any mac n cheese that makes you happy is perfect.
I prefer a taco tortilla that is a blend of flour and corn. I like the texture of flour, and the flavor of corn. You can use whatever tortilla that you like. Add any taco toppings you like, it’s your world. I feel like shredded lettuce might be weird, but also… it might be genius. So have fun with it.
Easy One Pot Mac N Cheese
- Standard Stove
- Medium Pot
- Small Skillet
- Slotted Spurtle
- Measuring Cup
- Cheese Shredder
- 8 oz Macaroni Noodles
- 4 oz Deli American Cheese shredded
- 8 oz Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Butter divided
- 1/3 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- Combine milk and water in a medium saucepot. Place over high heat and bring to boil.
- Add Macaroni and cook for 8 minutes
- Drop heat to low and add Dijon Mustard, and 1tbsp butter, and combine.
- Add American cheese and stir till melted.
- Turn off heat and add cheddar cheese. Stir till melted.
Bread Crumb Topping
- Melt 1tbsp butter in a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Stir frequently and toast breadcrumb mixture till golden brown.
- Top Macaroni and Cheese with toasted bread crumb mix, and enjoy.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!