The 10-minute breakfast of true champions! Garlic toast with runny egg and avocado, drizzled with garlic butter and topped with cherry tomatoes. Yes, please! Made in the air fryer, so the cleanup is quick and painless.
- Fresh Bread i.e. Cuban Loaf, Baguette etc…
- Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Green Onions
A Few of My Favorite Things
Fresh bread, avocado, way too much garlic, and runny egg yolk. This might be my menu if I am ever in a last meal request situation. Hmmm, it would need a significant amount of bacon though. Let’s save that version for a special occasion. I can call this a “healthy recipe” right now, adding bacon would only confuse that.
More Garlic Butter Please!
The garlic butter is clearly the star of this recipe. I know the egg and avocado bring people in the door, but they stay for the garlic butter, trust me. When the egg yolk mingles with the butter on the plate it makes a kind of garlic hollandaise sauce that I would consume by the quart if I could.
Avocado Toast with Egg in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Mini Cast Iron Skillet
- Small Bowl
- 1 slice fresh bread slice 1 1/2 – 2 " thick
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 grape tomatoes, sliced into halves, or quarters.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360 F 182 C. Place greased cast iron pan, and thick sliced bread next to each other in basket and cook for 3-4 minutes. Till bread is crisp on the outside and still a bit moist on the inside. Pan should be preheated.
- In a small bowl combine "garlic Butter" ingredients and microwave for 30 seconds to melt butter. Then mix well and set aside.
- Remove toast from air fryer and place on a plate,
- Crack egg into cast iron pan and continue cooking 3-4 minutes till egg whites are cooked solid and yolk is warmed through.
- Spread half of the garlic butter over top of toast.
- Top garlic toast with sliced avocado. Lightly season avocado with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When egg is ready place on top of avocado, and drizzle remaining garlic butter over egg and top with sliced grape tomatoes.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!