- fresh lemon
- green onion
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- fresh mint and basil
Fancy and Simple
I know. The picture is super fancy looking. I promise it’s easy. I just used an ice cream scoop to make melon balls (I don’t actually own a melon baller, lol). And I used a tool that is on many zesters, and peelers called a channel knife. It just carves a noodle like stripe out of the surface of fruits and veggies. You could just use a peeler to make wider stripes if you don’t have one.
The dressing in this watermelon salad does a wonderful job of tying all of the ingredients together. The sweet and sour with hints of mint and thyme. I’m thinking there is a version of this dressing that would be amazing on pulled pork. It has all the elements of a good finishing sauce for any BBQ.
Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Fresh Basil, and Mint
- Cutting Board
- Small Mixing Bowl
Honey Lemon and Herb Dressing
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- juice from 1/2 lemon (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 green onion root end, minced
- 1/8 tsp turmeric for color
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 leaves fresh mint, chopped into thin ribbons
- 8 oz cubed watermelon the size and shape is up to you
- 1/3 cucumber (approx. 3 oz) sliced into thin half-moons. the size and shape is up to you
- combine all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl
- arrange watermelon and cucumber slices on a plate in a way you find appealing.
- drizzle dressing over watermelon and cucumber.
- top with small or torn fresh basil leaves.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!