I love a quick and easy breakfast casserole for entertaining like this Egg Puff! It comes together quickly in a blender and is rich and satisfying. This is an Egg Puff casserole that doesn’t have vegetables. But don’t be shy, serve it with some veggies on the side if you want it fresh. Don’t forget the hot sauce! It’s perfect fuel for a long day. This gets baked directly in the Ninja Foodi base so there aren’t any extra casserole dishes to clean up.
Really, the base of this breakfast casserole is very simple.. eggs, flour and baking powder to make it and keep it fluffy. The cheese is there to make it rich and higher in protein and the breakfast sausages are there to round this out as a proper breakfast. I used cheddar cheese in mine because I thought it went well with the sausage, but use whatever you have on hand!
- baking powder
- cheddar cheese
- cottage cheese
- breakfast sausages
- vegetable oil
- hot sauce
Blend the Base
A blender gives your hand a break, but feel free to use a hand mixer if you only have that to whip up the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Combine it with the rest of the filling ingredients; the cheddar, cottage cheese and crumbled cooked breakfast sausages. Keep it vegetarian by omitting the sausage if you’d like.
Bake the Casserole
Add all of the mixture into a greased Ninja Foodi base. Bake it using the bake setting and cook it until the top is golden. Pretty simple! Serve it as is, in a sandwich, with some hot sauce, with sides, the choice is yours!
Egg Puff Casserole in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup gluten free flour blend or regular all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese I used full fat
- ½ cup breakfast sausages cooked and crumbled
- vegetable oil for greasing
- hot sauce for serving
- Add eggs, flour, baking powder and salt to a blender. Blend on low for 1 minute until slightly frothy.
- Add to a bowl and stir in the cheeses and breakfast sausage.
- Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top.
- Brush the Ninja Foodi with vegetable oil. Add the egg mixture to the Ninja Foodi.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes. Allow it to stand for a couple of minutes before serving. Serve with hot sauce and other desired sides.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!