An air fryer masterpiece. The Cyclops burger is one of our newest recipes for air fryer hamburgers. It is a 1/2-pound burger loaded with crunchy potato sticks, bacon, cheese, pickles, BBQ sauce, and a fried egg as the eye of the cyclops. All prepared in my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Call a friend, you may need assistance. Also crushes hangovers, just saying.
- Ground Beef
- Dill Pickle Chips
- American Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Shoestring Potatoes
- This recipe calls for a small 6″ cast iron skillet that will fit in the basket of your air fryer.
A Serious Burger
This burger is not messing around. I am starting with 1/2 pound of 75/15 ground beef. That means 75% lean beef to 15% fat. A high fat ground beef holds up well in the volcanic cyclone of an air fryer.
I’m topping that with 3 strips of thick cut bacon and a technically, sunny side up egg.
Then all of that will be sitting on top of a BBQ sauce slathered bun, with a nest of crunchy potato sticks (like a potato chip but cut into a matchstick instead of a chip.), and a layer of good quality kosher dill pickle chips.
This is too much food for a reasonable person…
I am not a reasonable person.
Air Fryer Tetris
This recipe should work for any type of air fryer as far as time and temperature goes, give or take a minute. My air fryer gives me a good bit of space to make this work.
The hook is the mini cast iron skillet. I found mine at my local big chain grocery store for $10. It has become a must have accessory as far as I’m concerned. If you don’t have or can’t get one, you can fry up an egg the old-fashioned way on the stove top.
This is a burger that should be served with a steak knife. I like to stab the knife through the top of the bun piercing the egg yolk and getting a nice runny egg situation to mop up all over my plate.
Now that I think of it, this would make a great Halloween recipe.
Air Fryer Hamburgers – The Cyclops Burger
- Air Fryer
- 6" cast iron skillet
- 1/2 pound burger patty
- 3 strips thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup fried potato sticks
- 5-7 kosher dill pickle chips
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 hamburger bun
- BBQ sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400F or 202C.Place burger patty in basket and cook for 4 minutes, then patty and cook 2 more minutes.
- Make room and place cast iron skillet in with burger. This will preheat the cast iron. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Remove burger patty, spray cast iron skillet with cooking spray, and crack one egg into skillet. Place burger bun basket so it can toast without disturbing the egg.
- Cook for 2 minutes or till bread is toasted, and egg whites are cooked solid.
- Assemble any way you like. I like to build mine like this.(From the bottom up.)Bun heel, BBQ sauce, potato sticks, pickles, cheese, burger patty, bacon, bun crown.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!