Greek food is one of my favourites. I love the simple, marinating ingredients along with the bright, fresh flavours and the rich, grilled meat kabobs. Just like these Ninja Foodi souvlaki skewers. Air fryer steaks are great, even if it’s BBQ weather. The Ninja Foodi is quick to heat up and it cooks the souvlaki quick and efficiently. If you’re keto, you can eat these on their own as a rich and satisfying meal, or you can pair them with pita bread, tzatziki yogurt sauce and some fresh salad.
I liked using beef sirloin steaks. You can use some tender lamb instead or beef tenderloin if you’re feeling fancy. The marinade gives the souvlaki its characteristic flavour, so don’t sub any ingredients if you want the authentic Greek flavours. Ok, I will admit, I used apple cider vinegar instead of the typical wine vinegar or lemon juice in this recipe but it works great to counter the richness of the beef.
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- red onion
- bell pepper
- Greek accompaniments to make it a full meal
Assemble the Skewers
First thing’s first, marinade the beef. Cut the sirloin into even pieces and toss them with vinegar, oil, crushed garlic, oregano, cumin and slices of red onion. You’d think that the onion doesn’t really do anything because you remove it from the marinade before grilling, but it really adds a little somethin’ somethin’. Season with salt and let it sit while you cut the rest of the red onion and bell pepper. Set those chunks of veggies aside. After the beef has been marinating for 15 min (or overnight if you’re feeling sassy) skewer the beef and alternate with veggies. Make sure your skewers fit in the Foodi!
Air Crisp the Skewers
If you’re serving this with any accompaniments, be sure they’re ready before you start cooking the skewers. Preheat your Ninja Foodi with the trivet insert until it’s nice and toasty. Air crisp the skewers a few at a time. I could fit 3-4 skewers at a time, so you may have to do it a couple of times. If you’re making a few, have an oven preheated to 200F to keep the first batch of skewers warm. Cook them until your desired internal temperature, I recommend cooking the sirloin to a medium.
Souvlaki Skewers in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi
- skewers (make sure they aren't too long for the Foodi)
- 600g beef sirloin steaks
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large bell pepper cut into chunks for skewering
- ½ red onion cut into chunks for skewering
- cooked short grain rice
- pita bread
- yogurt sauce
- lemon wedges
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cut the sirloin into 1 ½" cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to the beef. Toss to combine seasonings all together. Set aside to marinade for 15 minutes. You can also marinade it overnight.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi to 400F.
- Skewer beef alternating with peppers and onions.
- Place in the Ninja Foodi, about 4 skewers at a time, and air crisp for 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Repeat cooking the remaining skewers.
- Serve on pita bread or with rice with yogurt dipping sauce.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!