Who doesn’t love a quesadilla? Well with the Ninja Foodi you can make the filling of the quesadilla and crisp up the quesadilla at the same time. Making pork quesadillas in the Ninja Foodi is a no brainer because you get really great air circulation and an even toast.
My quesadilla uses lean ground pork, but feel free to use chicken, beef, whatever you have on hand! Mine are also gluten free, but gluten free tortillas are a little tricky to work with. You have to make sure you warm up the tortillas before folding them or else they could crack. They also can’t be toasted too long prior to filling or else they will also break. Warm them up right before folding them.
- olive oil
- ground pork
- chili powder
- taco seasoning
- bell pepper
- shredded mixed cheeses
- gluten free tortillas (or use regular)
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
Cook the Filling
Start by cooking the ground pork in the Ninja Foodi by turning it on the sauté setting. Add the olive oil and once the oil has heated up, add the ground pork. Season it with chili powder and taco seasoning. I like to break up the meat with a wooden spoon and let it cook until it browns quite a bit. After that I stir it. Once it’s browned on both sides I add the peppers and tomatoes. Season it with salt at this point and stir it until the liquid evaporates – no one likes a soggy quesadilla! Make sure your filling isn’t soupy. Remove the filling and set it aside along with your cheese. Wipe out the base of your Ninja Foodi and put in the trivet.
Assemble the Pork Quesadillas
Preheat the Ninja Foodi to air crisp. I liked halving the tortillas before filling them so that I could easily transfer them into the Ninja Foodi. Add cheese on one side of each tortilla half and top with the filling. Fold over the plain half of the tortilla and you’re ready to crisp your pork quesadillas! Just spray the trivet with cooking oil and place the tortillas. I like to do 3 halves at a time because they fit nicely. Spray the top generously with cooking spray and toast until browned and the cheese is nicely melted.
Pork Quesadillas in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi
- tin foil
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 bell pepper seeds removed, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 1 tomato chopped
- salt to taste
- 3½ cups shredded mixed cheeses I used cheddar but you can use a combination of cheddar, mozarella, etc.
- 8 gluten free tortillas cut in half
Optional Serving Suggestions
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Turn Ninja Foodi onto saute mode on high. Add in olive oil, ground turkey, chili powder and tex mex seasoning. Satue for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add in peppers and tomatoes. Cook until turkey is cooked through and all of the juices have evaporated. Taste and season with additional salt if desired.
- Turn off Ninja Foodi and remove ground turkey using a slotted spoon discarding any liquid. Set turkey aside to cool slightly.
- Wipe out Ninja Foodi with a paper towel carefully as it will likely still be hot. Put air crisp insert into the Ninja Foodi. Preheat to air crisp at 375F.
- Lay out 3 halves of tortillas.
- Spread out some shredded cheese on one side of each tortilla half. Spoon a layer of turkey over the cheese. Add a little bit of cheese on top of the turkey. Fold the naked half over the filling.
- Spray the Ninja Foodi insert with cooking oil spray. Carefully put in quesadillas. Spray the tops of each quesadilla with cooking oil.
- Cover and air crisp until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, repeat filling the tortillas 3 at a time or save the filling, cheese and tortillas for later. Cook them as directed above.
- Serve with desired dips.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Top these pork quesadillas with some Guacamole You Can Brag About or our Cumin and Lime Sour Cream for some extra flavor.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!