I am really excited to show you how easy it is to make Stir Fry in the Ninja Foodi. This summery, keto and quick stir fry is inspired by a Filipino dish: ginisang togue. It’s a tomatoey, bean sprout based veggie stir fry with shrimp. I added some scallops too, because I love them. I hope you like this shrimp stir fry recipe as much as I do.
You’ll notice that the ingredients for this shrimp stir fry are focused on the main veggie components. There aren’t very many condiments required, so this is a great beginner stir fry recipe. I used both shrimp and scallops but feel free to just use shrimp. Bean sprouts are traditional in this dish and they’re super cheap! They’re crunchy, bright, and fresh. I ate this dish as is, but definitely serve it with rice noodles or steamed rice.
- mung bean sprouts (found in your local Asian produce grocery store)
- bell peppers
- green onion
- vegetable oil
- garlic cloves
- yellow onion
- shrimp and scallops (or just shrimp)
- fish sauce (or lime juice)
- soy sauce
- rice (if not keeping things keto)
Air Crisp the Vegetables
This is where the magic of the Ninja Foodi stir fry comes in. Air crisp the vegetables first on the trivet. This allows them to cook down without getting soggy. I love this benefit of the Foodi vs using a skillet. For first time stir fry makers, getting crisp veggies can be tricky since stir fry requires a specific style of sautéing.
Cook the Seafood
Remove the cooked veggies and the trivet and set the veggies aside. Add in the remaining ingredients, except the soy sauce, and cook until done. The tomatoes will melt into the garlic and create a delicious sauce for the seafood. Add the vegetables back in and stir in the soy sauce. Serve – it’s just that simple!
Ninja Foodi Shrimp Stir Fry
- Ninja Foodi
- cooking oil spray
- ½ lb mung bean sprouts
- 2 bell peppers cored and sliced
- 2 sprigs green onion cut into 2" lengths
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tomato cored and chopped
- ½ lb mixed peeled and deveined shrimp and scallops or just shrimp
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- rice for serving
- Put trivet in the bottom of the Ninja Foodi pot. Preheat Ninja Foodi to 400 F for 3 min.
- Put bean sprouts, bell peppers and green onion on trivet. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Air Crisp vegetables for 7 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and trivet and set vegetable aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil in the bottom of the Ninja Foodi. Add in garlic, onion slices, and chopped tomato.
- Scatter shrimp and scallops on top. Drizzle with fish sauce (or lime juice).
- Air crisp for 7 minutes.
- Open lid and add vegetables back in. Add soy sauce. Stir everything together gently. Eat as is or with cooked rice.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Enjoy this shrimp scampi with some Amazing Parmesan Garlic Toast and if you need a dessert give these Baked Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes a try.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!