Do you want beef fajitas without the carbs? Here’s a really classy way of serving beef fajitas in a fun and unique way. These beef fajita roll ups look elegant and come together quickly in the air fryer. I love how you can caramelize the fajita vegetables directly in the Ninja Foodi and then use them to stuff thin sliced sirloin steak.
Any air fryer steak benefits from a good steak spice rub. Use your favourite for this one or a tex mex spice blend like I did. For the filling, I used the standard fajita veggies – onions and peppers. Don’t be tempted to add too much more or else you won’t be able to seal them up. As for the steak, I have access to fast fry sirloin steaks that are thin sliced in store. I wouldn’t try to use a regular sirloin steak for this recipe.
- bell pepper
- spice blend
- sirloin fast fry steaks
- cheddar cheese
Cook the Vegetables
Thin slice the onions and peppers and place them in your preheated Ninja Foodi. Air crisp them until slightly charred. This took me 16 minutes. It’s totally worth the wait! Just keep an eye on them and toss them half way. They get super nice and caramelized.
Stuff the Sirloin
Lay all of your sirloin steak pieces on a long flat surface, such as a cutting board. Remove the vegetables from the Foodi and allow them to cool slightly so that your hands don’t burn. Distribute the veggies evenly in the center of each beef slice after you’ve seasoned the steak on both sides. Tightly roll the beef over the veggies and secure the roll with a tooth pick or two.
Air Crisp the Beef Roll Ups
Back in the Foodi we go! Place the beef fajita rolls into the Foodi on a trivet and crisp them up until the beef is cooked to your desired taste. I broiled mine with cheddar cheese and served them with fresh cilantro on top. Serve it with sour cream if you want! I also think this would be a great appetizer.
Fajita Beef Roll Ups in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi
- cooking oil spray
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 1 cup peppers thin sliced
- 2 tbsp tex-mex spice blend divided
- salt to taste, if spice blend does not contain salt
- 4 sirloin steak fast fry slices ⅛" thick slice, about 600-800g total
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Preheat Ninja Foodi with grill insert to 400F.
- Add in peppers, onions and sprinkle with 1 tbsp spice blend. Spray with cooking oil and cook for 8 minutes or until starting to caramelize. Toss and Air Crisp for another 8 minutes. Remove from Ninja Foodi.
- While peppers cook, season both sides of the steaks with spice blend.
- Lay steaks out and place a little of the onions and peppers in the center of each steak perpendicular to the long end of each steak.
- Roll tightly and secure with a tooth pick or two.
- Place in the still hot Ninja Foodi, spray with cooking oil spray and cook for 5 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese and set Foodi to broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and garnish with cilantro. Carefully remove toothpicks before eating.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!