A Greek salad is the best and most simple chopped salad, using the best ingredients summer has to offer! Whether it’s summer where you are right now or not, this traditional Greek salad is sure to brighten your day.
What I love about Greek salads is that there is no separate sauce to make. A Greek salad dressing is essentially good quality olive oil and red wine vinegar – but I used apple cider vinegar. Of course a sprinkling of dried oregano and salt are key to bringing out the flavours of the vegetables.
- red onion
- black olives
- olive oil
- sea salt
Thick, chunky chops are what you’re going for, while cutting the cucumbers and tomatoes. For the red onions, I like a fine slice so that they infuse their flavour throughout.
Assemble the Salad
You can’t get any more simple than this. Simply place the cucumber and tomato in a shallow bowl. Lay 3 big squares of feta on top, then ‘garnish’ with red onion and olives. Right before serving, drizzle on your olive oil, vinegar and sprinkle with salt and oregano! Serve with my Turkey Burgers and enjoy the fresh taste of the Mediterranean.
Classic Greek Salad
- 1 English cucumber peeled, halved lenght-wise and cut into 1" chunks
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges, I like vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 oz feta cut into slices, Goat cheese feta is traditional
- ¼ cup red onion peeled, sliced thin
- ¼ cup black olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar such as red wine or apple cider
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place cucumber, tomato, feta, red onion and olives in a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle over olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle over oregano and salt.
- Serve with crusty bread as an appetizer or as a side dish.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Enjoy this Greek salad on our Mediterranean Inspired Turkey Burgers and if you’re really feeling the Mediterranean vibes, give this Tasty Traditional Greek Moussaka a try.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!