Are you ready for the chonkiest, juiciest air fryer burger you’ve ever had? These air fryer ground turkey burgers are so delicious in the Ninja Foodi. Paired with a light, yet high protein dill yogurt sauce and a side of Greek Salad, you’ll have yourself a truly hearty spring time meal.
The ingredients are key to keeping these homemade turkey burgers from drying out. Eggs and breadcrumbs (or crushed pork rinds for a gluten free and little bit of a lower carb burger) should not be skipped. As for toppings, I think less is more. The yogurt dill sauce is just a suggestion, but it’s so delicious!
- ground turkey
- bread crumbs
- black olives
- red onion
- tamari or worchestershire sauce
- Greek yogurt
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- burger toppings
- Greek Salad
Form Burger Patties
The air fryer burgers come together with a little chopping. I mean, some of the ingredients could be considered optional, except the salt, eggs and breadcrumbs, but together they make the most delicious ground turkey burgers. Mix the turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, black olives, celery, onion, kale, parsley, tamari and salt together until just combined. Form them into 6 burgers and put them on a plastic lined tray for good measure. Refrigerate them to firm them up before cooking, or go ahead and air fry them in the Ninja Foodi!
Make the Toppings
First thing’s first: the yogurt dill sauce. This is a really great chip dip, too, by the way! Simply mix together yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mint and dill and give it a taste. It may need more lemon or salt for your taste buds. I also set aside some washed lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, and mustard for when the burgers were done.
Back to the Air Fryer
Flip the burgers (gently!) and air crisp until they’ve reached 165 °F inside. This is how to make a turkey burger 101. Set them aside and keep them warm while you cook the remaining three since you can only fit 3 at a time comfortably. Then when you’re just about ready to serve your burgers, you can toast your buns in a separate toaster or air crisp them in the Ninja Foodi for two minutes. Top with your faves and serve it with my Greek Salad for the perfect fresh air fryer burger experience!
Mediterranean Inspired Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi
- cooking oil spray
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup bread crumbs gluten free needed
- ¼ cup black olives pitted (optional)
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup frozen kale or frozen spinache leaves, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp tamari or worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
Dill Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Burger Buns toasted, I chose gluten free
- dijon mustard
- lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- side salad
- Mix all turkey burger ingredients together in a bowl. Form into 6 patties, form an indent in the center of each and place on a plastic wrap lined tray and optionally refrigerate 30 min to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb.
- Insert grill into Ninja Foodi. Preheat Ninja Foodi to 460F for 3 minutes. Spray Ninja Foodi grill with cooking oil spray. Cooking 3 at a time, add burgers and Air Crisp for 8 minutes. Flip, cook for 6-8 more minutes or until internal temperature reads 165F.
- While burgers cook, stir together all of the ingredients for the yogurt sauce. Prepare additional toppings.
- Remove and repeat with remaining burgers or save burgers for another time.
- Toast buns by placing them cut side down onto the Foodi grill for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Top burger buns with mustard, lettuce, tomato, burger and yogurt sauce.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!