This air fried option to store bought corn tortilla chips is an inexpensive snack for the big game, or a center piece for a Mexican party platter. Ready in about 10 minutes, these homemade tortilla chips are healthy and a great snack anytime. Skip the ranch seasoning for a simple plain chip for nachos or try experimenting with your own different seasoning blends, like: BBQ, Cajun, Caribbean Jerk for your own custom Doritos flavor.
- Corn Tortillas
- Ranch Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
Too Easy Not to Try
This recipe could not be easier. Just cut the tortillas into your desired shape, or make some quick tostada shells. Spritz with a bit of cooking spray, and a light sprinkle of salt. 5 minutes in the air fryer and you’re ready to start munching on these homemade tortilla chips.
Take 30 seconds to give them a heavy dusting with some ranch seasoning and you are munching in style. If you need to, give them a light spritz with cooking spray to help the seasoning stick.
As I said, this is your chance to make this recipe your own. There are loads of great seasoning blends you might try in place of ranch. Just ask yourself, “would this make a good Dorito flavor?” if the answer is yes, you might have a winner.
Warm up some nacho cheese dip, get some salsa going or you can even pair it with our Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Ninja Foodi. Now you are munching like royalty. You can really do anything you like with this recipe. Make some nachos, get some bean dip going, shred up some lettuce…
It is a simple matter of how much effort you want to invest in your own snacking. If you are unwilling to invest some effort you will always snack at a low level. It’s up to you. Are you going to snack like some amateur, or are you willing to snack in the big leagues? I think you know the answer.
Until next time, may the snacks be with you… always.
Homemade Tortilla Chips with Zesty Ranch Seasoning
- Air Fryer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- 10 6" Corn Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- 3-4 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
- Cut the round tortillas down the center twice to form triangles.
- Place tortillas into large mixing bowl and spritz with cooking spray and stir till tortillas are coated completely.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F or 176 C. Place chips in an even layer. A little overlapping is fine. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Note – check your ranch seasoning for its salt content and adjust how much salt you add at this step accordingly.
- Air crisp for 5 minutes tossing chips every minute or so. Work in batches if necessary, till all chips are done
- Transfer chips to large mixing bowl and dust with ranch seasoning and toss till all are coated. Note – Try using a small strainer to sift the seasoning over the chips to get a more even coating.
- Serve immediately or store cooled chips in a zip-seal bag for up to a week.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Pair these chips with our Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Ninja Foodi or our Guinness Beer Cheese.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!