The Big Game weekend is over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have those pub grub vibes. This buffalo chicken dip recipe is a one pot marvel and comes together with very little hands on time. Franks Hot Sauce is the GOAT here in this recipe. If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken, you have to try this Ninja Foodi buffalo chicken dip. You’ll love this recipe, especially if you’re cutting down on fat. Check out what secret ingredients I chose to replace the cheese with!
Yes, that’s right! This buffalo cheese dip contains no cheese! My husband is sensitive, so I always love to find unique ways to make things taste equally as delicious. Greek yogurt and sweet potato! The sweet potato adds a subtle sweetness (and secret vegetables for picky toddlers) and the yogurt adds creaminess and extra protein. Both a win in my book! But, feel free to add a garnish of blue cheese on top. The other key, to me, is Franks Red Hot. I love this hot sauce and a little goes a long way here!
- chicken breast
- sweet potato
- hot sauce
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- Greek yogurt
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks
Pressure Cook The Chicken
First thing’s first, using the pressure cook lid of the Ninja Foodi, pressure cook the chicken, sweet potato, mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder. This is what we love the Ninja Foodi for right? Buffalo chicken dip in one pot!
Mash the Sweet Potato
Once it’s pressure cooked, gently shred the chicken and mash the sweet potato. At first it will look rather liquidy, but have no fear it will thicken up as you incorporate the sweet potato mash with shredded chicken. If you don’t have a wooden fork to do so, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks in another bowl. The Ninja Foodi pot is easily prone to scratches!
Air Crisp the Buffalo Chicken Dip
Add the yogurt and dill into the shredded chicken mash and mix, then air crisp until golden brown! The sweet potato might make it brown quicker than you think, so keep an eye on it. Then comes the fun part! Pick some delicious tortilla chips or have some celery sticks on hand to dip. You can even pair it with our Homemade Tortilla Chips with Zesty Ranch Seasoning. Alternatively grab a serving spoon and have people spoon some dip onto their plates before they eat.
Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi
- cooking oil spray
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless (about 1 ½ lb)
- 1 sweet potato small and roughly chopped
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce I like Frank's Red Hot
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, unsweetened or non dairy cream if dairy intolerant
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, to garnish or chives
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks
- Spray bottom of Ninja Foodi with cooking oil spray.
- Place chicken and sweet potato in the Ninja Foodi.
- Pour over hot sauce, mayo, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Pressure cook oh high for 10 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Mash with a masher to shred chicken and to incorporate sweet potato. Taste for seasoning adding salt if needed.
- Stir in yogurt and dill. Set Ninja Foodi to bake for 10 min at 375F or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Check out our Low Carb Vegetable Dip or our Eva Bee’s Tropical Trail Mix.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!