These gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts will curb any of your cravings. These Canadian Timbit-inspired homemade donuts are covered in a keto-friendly cinnamon-sugar coating. I love having one of these donuts with coffee with none of the blood sugar spikes which means they’re a great diabetic-friendly recipe. They come together in the perfect shape because of our trusty egg bite molds!
These donut holes would pair well with Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats and Maple Sugar.
I really love how simple these cake donuts come together. With a few gluten-free / keto baking staples, this can come together in minutes. Play around with adding different spices to the cinnamon sugar mix. Did someone say pumpkin spice?
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- a keto sugar substitute, I like Lakanto or Swerve
- apple cider vinegar
Make the Batter
Just like any dessert, mixing the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another is the way to go. Combine both separately then add the dry ingredients to the wet.
Butter the Mold
Preheat the oven to 350F. To make sure these donut holes get the best flavour, brush melted butter in the egg bite mold. This makes a perfectly golden donut. Bake them for 12-14 minutes until golden and when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
Toss in Cinnamon Sugar
This is where the magic happens, mix the cinnamon with a bit more of your keto sugar substitute. Have a bowl of (yes, more) melted butter. These are keto to the max! Let your mold and homemade donuts cool until cool enough to handle. Loosen the sides carefully of each mold and pop the donuts out onto a counter. Toss carefully into the melted butter then immediately toss in cinnamon sugar.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- Egg Bite Mold
- 1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup keto sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp milk can be dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted butter plus more to brush mold
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp keto sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush egg bite mold with butter. Make sure to tip the mold upside down. You want to avoid pools of butter at the bottom of the mold.
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In another bowl whisk wet ingredients together until eggs are fully whisked.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and fold together until combined.
- Carefully spoon in batter evenly into each mold. Optionally using dampened fingers, smooth the tops of each donut so that when they bake they become as around as possible.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 2 minutes or until you can handle the mold with hands or oven mitts.
- Carefully loosen the sides of each donut from the mold and pop them out.
- Whisk together sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl have some melted butter ready.
- Individually roll each donut in melted butter then immediately toss the buttered donut into cinnamon sugar. Set aside and repeat with remaining donuts.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
These are Gluten-free too!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!