Well, it’s officially pumpkin season so it’s time to add them to one of my favourite desserts – brownies! They’re so simple to make keto in the Instant Pot. Cakes and brownies come out great in the Instant Pot as it creates even steam and heat all around the pan. It’s great for those hot days when you don’t want the oven on.
Lower sugar subs are easier to find these days. Who says you have to sacrifice your health goals when it comes to eating seasonal desserts? These are thickened with egg, low-carb chocolate, and coconut flour. Because of this, you need to be patient when it comes to making them. They take a while but they’re worth the wait!
- coconut cream
- sugar-free chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
- keto sugar substitute
- coconut flour
- pumpkin puree
- cream cheese
- pumpkin spice
- keto caramel or maple butter for garnish
Make the Pumpkin Swirl
Whisk together pumpkin, cream cheese, egg and pumpkin spice until well combined. Set it aside to have it ready to swirl in! If you want to make this dairy free, omit the cream cheese and add extra pumpkin. The swirl won’t be as thin but that won’t be a problem.
Make the Batter
To start, melt the chocolate and coconut cream in a pot on very low heat. You don’t want the chocolate to burn. Slowly whisk in one egg at a time so as to make a smooth batter. in another bowl whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder (yes, we’re going double chocolate here), coconut flour, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
Make your Swirl
Put in 3/4 of the brownie batter into a springform pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle over pumpkin swirl and top with remaining brownie batter. Using a sharp utensil, you can start gently swirling the top of it until you like how it looks. Pressure cook for 50 minutes, remove and cool completely before digging in. Enjoy!
Keto Pumpkin Swirl Instant Pot Brownies
- 7" baking pan
- cooking spray
- Instant Pot
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight, or use whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup keto sugar substitute I like Lakanto
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 large egg
- sugar-free caramel or maple butter if not following strict keto (for garnish)
- Spray a 7" baking pan with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Whisk all of the pumpkin swirl ingredients together. Set aside.
- Remove coconut milk from the fridge. Open the can carefully without shaking. The cream should be solidified on the top. Carefully scrape off 1/2 cup of the top of the coconut milk can. Place in a saucepan.
- Add chocolate chips to the coconut cream. Put on medium-low heat and whisk until chocolate is melted and combined into the cream.
- Take off of the heat. Whisk in one egg at a time into the saucepan. Set aside.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar, coconut flour, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in wet ingredients into the dry. Pour 3/4 into the prepared baking pan.
- Roughly drizzle over the pumpkin mixture onto the brownie batter.
- Pour over the remaining brownie batter.
- Using a small knife or toothpick, run it through the top of the brownie mixture in the pan to create a swirl pattern.
- Place 1 cup water and a trivet at the bottom of the instant pot.
- Cover the baking pan with tin foil and place it carefully on top of the trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 50 minutes. Allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Remove from the instant pot and place on a cooling rack. Take the tin foil off.
- Allow it to cool until the chocolate has fully firmed up, about 45 minutes.
- Serve. Optionally garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and/or sugar-free caramel or maple butter.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Keeping it Keto
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our Newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to our YouTube and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!