These no-bake raw date brownies are the perfect quick and healthy treat for those back-to-school needs. You can make them in all sorts of sizes and they can stay fresh in the freezer. I love prepping them to have on hand for a healthy whole foods sweet snack. There is no refined sugar in these bad boys so they’re still sweet yet full of nutrients you’d be missing in a regular treat.
Stay Keto and still have your pumpkin spice latte! Here’s our recipe for making this Fall Favorite right at home and staying on your diet!
Only 5 ingredients, these date brownies are incredibly customizable depending on what nuts you have on hand. You can even add in cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and roll them in coconut, chopped nuts, or more hemp seeds! These are nut-free so they’re school-safe but I’ve made these successfully by substituting them with pecans and walnuts. Hemp seeds have omega 3 fatty acids as well as more protein than your standard nuts or seeds.
- pitted dates
- hemp seeds or nuts such as pecans or walnuts
- optional vanilla, pumpkin spice, and/or cinnamon
Soak the Dates
Depending on the types of dates, you can soak them for 10 minutes in warm water. Drain before using them. Add them to a food processor. Soaking them will make sure your food processor doesn’t get worked too hard.
Add all of the ingredients to the food processor. Start off by pulsing the processor and then blend for at least 2 minutes or until the ingredients all come together. You might stop it halfway through and scrape down the sides just to ensure all the ingredients blend well.
Form into Bites
I love using a cookie scoop for these because they’re slightly tacky to the touch right out of the food processor. For mine, I sprayed an egg bite mold with a little cooking spray and scooped the date mixture into each space. Press down with the back of a spoon firmly to form a nice shape.
Raw Date Brownie Bites
- Food Processor
- Egg Bite Mold (optional)
- Cooking Spray (optional)
- Cookie Scoop
- 1 cup pitted dates Medjool do not need to be soaked
- 1½ cup hemp seeds or substitute with chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water plus more for soaking dates
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut or chopped nuts (optional for rolling)
- If you're using dry dates, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add drained soaked dates to a food processor. Add in cocoa, hemp seeds, salt, 1 tbsp water, and any optional vanilla, pumpkin spice, or cinnamon.
- Pulse a few times until the dates start to break up and incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Holding the food processor, process on high for 1 minute. Stop. Scrape down the sides. Process them on high for another minute.
- Optionally spray an egg bite mold with cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop, portion out the date mixture into each mold. Press firmly with the back of a spoon. If you don't have these tools, simply portion out the mixture and roll between hands. If you're finding the mixture a little sticky, dampen your hands slightly. Roll into 8-12 pieces.
- An optional garnish can be with some nuts or coconut. Put a little in a bowl and press one half of each brownie bite into the garnish. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to eat.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Gluten-free Treats by Eva Bee!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!