Everyone loves a cheesy, pasta casserole! The air fryer gets your pasta bake cooked in a jiffy not only because the appliance is designed for that but also because it’s baked in a springform bundt pan. The pan allows for the heat to distribute throughout more of the pasta more thoroughly. You get crisp delicious cheese and warm comfort food baked in 15 min!
All you need is your favourite fusilli pasta, mozzarella, and a few pantry seasonings. I used gluten-free brown rice pasta. On its own, I find that brown rice pasta is good once it’s freshly cooked but not great for leftovers. When mixed with all these delicious ingredients it becomes just as delicious reheated the next day.. that is if you have leftovers. I used traditional Italian mozzarella in brine. This has a lighter less salty taste but you should feel free to use grated mozzarella.
- garlic butter
- brown rice fusilli pasta
- kosher salt
- fresh mozzarella in brine
- Italian seasoning
- warm marinara for serving
- fresh basil for garnish
Cooking the Pasta
Use the garlic butter to grease the bundt pan. Set aside. Cook your pasta in well-seasoned salt water according to the package directions. If you’re using gluten-free brown rice pasta, it really benefits from coming to a rolling boil before you put it in and then stirring it constantly making sure it doesn’t get clumpy. Drain and set aside.
Mixing Everything Together
While the pasta cooks, begin shredding your mozzarella. Set aside one cup and put the rest of the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir in mayo, dijon, nutmeg, Italian seasoning. Stir in the freshly cooked and drained pasta. Add the garlic butter and mix everything together. Preheat the air fryer.
Baking the Pasta
Put the pasta mixture in the bundt pan and top with remaining cheese. Place in the air fryer and cook until the center feels firm, about 15 min. Meanwhile, warm up your favourite marinara sauce. Place in a small bowl.
When pasta is finished baking, place it on a baking rack to cool slightly before removing it from the springform pan. Remove it. Place it on a cutting board and serve with marinara in the middle of the bundt pasta bake, cut into slices, top with sauce, and enjoy!
Air Fryer Pasta Bake
- Air Fryer
- 7" springform bundt pan
- 2 tbsp garlic butter plus more for greasing, you can use regular butter
- 200 g brown rice fusilli pasta or 2 cups
- kosher salt
- 300 g fresh mozzarella in brine grated
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- ½ cup marinara
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Grease 7" springform bundt pan with garlic butter. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add brown rice pasta and cook according to package directions, about 7-10 min, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Meanwhile, set aside 1 cup of grated mozzarella and put the rest in a large mixing bowl. Stir in mayo, dijon, nutmeg, Italian seasoning in the large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the freshly cooked and drained pasta. Add the garlic butter and mix everything together. Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Preheat air fryer to 350F
- Put mixture into prepared bundt pan and top with mozzarella that was previously set aside. Bake in the air fryer for 15 minutes or until the center is firm and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from air fryer and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm up marinara sauce in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Place in a bowl that will fit in the center of the bundt. I used a 125ml glass mason jar.
- Remove carefully from the bundt pan. Use a rubber spatula to loosen the edges first if you're finding that it's sticking to the sides. Place pasta bake on a cutting board and serve with marinara sauce in the middle. Cut out slices and pour marinara sauce over each slice.
Make it, Enjoy it, Share it!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!