I love cheesy beefy enchiladas. I also love that I found high fiber, low carb tortillas to make my enchiladas with. Everything about enchiladas is already keto-friendly, but that tortilla… Thank goodness Ole makes Ole Xtreme Wellness! Tortilla Wraps, 8 each. “Easily create authentic meals with these OLE Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness Tortillas. They provide a source of protein and contain no cholesterol, trans fat, or lard. These low-carb, high-fiber tortillas are made with 100 percent whole wheat flour to make them healthy and delicious.” It says so right there on the package! So let’s make some Keto-friendly beef enchiladas, already! (5g of net carbs per tortilla)
Do you know what goes great with Enchiladas? Cumin and Lime Sour Cream and Homemade Guacamole
- ground beef
- Verde sauce
- taco seasoning (or your favorite mix of spices)
- ro-tel tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- black olives (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion (garnish)
Start By Browning The Ground Beef
Break up the ground beef in the pan as you saute the meat and the onions. Once the meat is close to being done, add the seasonings and can of ro-tel. I also add a cup of cheese to the meat filling, but this is up to you. You can put the cheese in with each rolled-up enchilada for a more concentrated, cheesy flavor. But I like mine melted throughout.
Rolling The Beef Enchiladas
This is easier than rolling up burritos. I leave the ends open when I do enchiladas. Some people roll the ends too, and you can, if you like. I wish I’d filled mine more. I made five when I could have just made three and I think I would have liked that portion size better, and it would have saved me 5g carbs for the day, too.
Throw them in the oven for about 10 min at around 400 degrees. Just long enough for the cheese to melt on top. Once you pull them out, add Verde sauce, sour cream, and olives. Sprinkle all over with chives (green onions) and you’re to impress.
Keto-Friendly Beef Enchiladas
- Range Stove
- Oven-safe Dish
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning Or mixture to match your preference
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 jar Verde sauce Or red sauce if you prefer.
- 8 ct Ole Xtreme Wellness! Tortilla Wraps or other low carb tortilla option
- green onions
- avocado or guacamole
- black olives
- sour cream
- Add beef to the skillet and begin to brown the meat. About half way to done, add the chopped onions. Continue to cook meat until brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Once the ground beef is cooked, add Ro-tel tomatoes, seasonings, and cheese.
- Place a tortilla in an oven safe dish, add meat filling, and roll your enchilada with the opening facing down. Once you've rolled all your filling into tortillas in the pan, top with Verde or red sauce and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Where’s the Beef?
Check out our Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot or our Instant Pot Thai Rama Beef.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!