Looking for a quick, tasty, cheesy, crunchy breakfast? Well, look no further than a Breakfast Crunchwrap. These breakfast crunch wraps are perfect for any day of the week. With the help of our trusty Ninja Foodi air fryer, they will be ready in about 12 minutes, you’ll be out the door in no time, well-fed, and ready for the day.
Let’s get to some crunching!
Craving more breakfast food? Try our Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Maple Sugar Recipe
- flour tortillas
- 2 eggs
- green onions
- sliced ham
- American cheese
- shredded cheddar blend
- dill weed
Make It Your Way
I made ham and cheese for this recipe, but you can use any ingredients you like. Bacon and sausage? Yep. Sliced chicken and salsa? Of course. I know, you might be thinking “Chef Eric, what about hashbrowns, avocado, and smoked salmon?” Of course you can.
I’m going to show you the basic technique to put a breakfast crunchwrap together, and you can get as creative as you like.
The Most Basic Omelet
We are going to start by making a simple omelet. This recipe is basically an omelet inside a tortilla.
Start with 2 eggs, you can stop there if you like but I like to add a bit of chopped green onion and dill weed to mine. Then a pinch of salt and pepper. When you whip the eggs be gentle, we don’t want to add any air. This will make a fluffy omelet, which can be nice by itself, but we need ours to fold in multiple dimensions, fluffy will break trust me.
Get an 8 inch or so nonstick pan over medium heat and blast it liberally with cooking spray, if you have a butter flavor spray even better.
When the pan is good and hot add your eggs. Make sure they spread into an even thin layer coating the bottom of the pan. Then immediately put a lid on the pan. This will steam the top of the eggs so there will be no need to flip. This should take about 2 minutes, check to be sure the eggs are cooked all the way.
The eggs will likely look raw and wet even if they are done, so give them a poke to be sure.
Meanwhile, have a large flour tortilla ready on the counter nearby. When the eggs are ready slide them onto the center of the tortilla. If they don’t want to slide out easily use a rubber spatula to coerce them.
Take your time layering your toppings, the hot steamy eggs resting on the dry tortilla are steaming it, making it flexible and less likely to break when we get to folding
This next part can be tricky, first, fold the eggs bit by bit till you achieve at least 5 sides, 6 sides is ideal, but things don’t always go as planned. so just do your best. Then repeat the same pattern with the tortilla.
I’m going to save a whole lot of blah, blah, blah, and refer you to the clip below.
Give it a good spray down with cooking spray, I use the spatula to keep the folded side closed when I flip it. This also makes it easy to get it into the air fryer without disaster.
Putting the Crunch in Crunchwraps
Set your air fryer preheating to 390 F or 198 C. Place your breakfast crunchwrap folded side down, and cook for 4 minutes? Give it a flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
I recommend letting it rest on a rack for a few minutes. The cheese inside is basically molten lava at this point so eat at your own risk.
At this point, you can wrap it in foil, or wax deli paper and have it on the go, or sit down with some friends and some mini hash browns and enjoy a tasty breakfast and some conversation.
I’ll take the latter
Be sure to check out the video I made for this recipe here Home Pressure Cooking – YouTube
Well, that’s the recipe. Let us know in the comments what fillings you decided on.
Thanks for reading – Chef Eric
Easy to make Air Fryer Breakfast Crunchwrap
Breakfast Crunchwraps – Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 8" nonstick pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese blend
- 1/8 tsp dill weed
- Combine eggs green onion, and dill weed and whisk gently. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Liberally coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add egg mix and immediately cover cook till eggs are fully done, about 2 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pan onto a large tortilla
- In the center of the egg layer 2 slices of ham then a slice of American cheese, then the shredded cheddar then one more slice of American cheese, and 2 more slices of ham.
- Fold one edge of the egg in towards the center then repeat working your way around, you should be able to get 5 – 6 folds. Then repeat folding the tortilla in the same pattern. I recommend viewing the clip in the blog if this process is not clear. It is difficult to describe in just words.
- While holding the folded tortilla shut with a finger, spray with cooking spray. Place a spatula over the folded side of the wrap, and use it to turn over the wrap and spray the other side.
- Place wrap into an air fryer preheated to 390 F or 198 C and cook for 4 minutes. Flip wrap over and cook for 4 more minutes
- Allow the crunchwrap to cool for a few minutes, it will be very hot
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Breakfast Food Recipes
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!