It’s camping season! Why not take a classic peanut butter cookie and throw in some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips? I know that part of the fun of eating s’mores is the mess but having them in a soft and sweet cookie is quite the treat! Plus, with a handy cookie scoop, these take about 20 minutes from start to finish. Great for spontaneous cookie cravings. The Ingredients for flourless peanut butter cookies are super easy and not just for those who eat gluten-free cookies! This is such an easy cookie for those who don’t want to bother with extra ingredients. You can omit the marshmallows and chocolate chips but they add such a fun chewy texture and decadent flavour. The cinnamon and ginger are optional as well but they add a fun flavour reminiscent of graham crackers.
Not doing a gluten-free diet? Looking for something a little different than cookies? Try Copy Cat Pizookie® Monkey Bread in the Ninja Foodi
Ingredients for Gluten Free Cookies
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
Starting the Batter Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together until the egg is fully incorporated. You want to make sure the eggs are Stirring in the fillings. Chop up the marshmallows into bite-sized pieces as big as the chocolate chips.
Stir them in! It may seem like a small quantity of filling ingredients but you don’t want to overwhelm the batter. Scoop them onto a sheet. Using a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, roll the dough into a one-and-a-half-inch circle or use a cookie dough scoop. Make sure there is approximately an inch between each cookie. Make the classic crosshatch pattern on each cookie to flatten them out. Bake them for 10 minutes, let them cool on the sheet, and then transfer them to a baking rack to cool – if you can resist eating them hot!
Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies
- large sheet pan
- Parchment Paper
- cookie scoop, optional
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp kosher salt plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp chopped marshmallows mini are easiest to work with
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, sugar, egg, cinnamon, ginger and salt with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows. This may be easier to do by kneading with your hands.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll out or scoop 1 1/2" balls of dough and place them 1" apart on the parchment paper. Using a fork, press down on each cookie once. Turn the fork 90 degrees and press down again. This will make the cross-hatch design on it.
- Bake for 10 min. They are done when the sides begin to firm up and any exposed marshmallows are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to firm up outside the oven on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Optionally allow to cool completely on the cooling rack.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Dessert Ideas:
Check out our Desserts Category.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!