Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are a fluffy and delicious addition to any meal. This simple recipe will guide you every step of the way to help you achieve the ultimate spud in your Instant Pot!
We like to pair these with Chef Eric’s Herb Butter Basted Steak in the Air Fryer or Debbie’s Sirloin Tip Roast in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Who doesn’t love a classic?
Baked Potatoes, or Jacket Potatoes as some of our friends reading from the United Kingdom call them, are a delicious and easy-to-make dish.
With their crispy skin and warm fluffy interior, these highly customizable spuds really shine when you explore all the topping options to your meal truly yours!
Often treated as sides, we’ve always found Baked Potatoes to be so filling and scrumptious that we often treat them as the star of dinner and we’ll have them as a meal!
In this day and age, it can be hard to find the time to put together any meal, much less something that takes upwards of 90 minutes to prepare!
Thankfully, my guide is going to help you create delicious, crispy and fluffy baked potatoes in only 35 minutes with the help of your Instant Pot!
As always, you can count on Home Pressure Cooking to offer the most comprehensive and detailed recipe guides on the internet to make sure there are no guessing games when it comes to your food!
What You Need To Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are mostly based on your topping preferences.
In fact, the only required ingredients are some russet potatoes, two tablespoons of olive oil, and a cup of water!
For your equipment, you’ll need your Instant Pot, a trivet, a large mixing bowl, a fork, a knife, some tongs, and a cutting board if you’re going to be chopping up some of your ingredients.
As a note, we used the Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 6 Qt. and cooked four potatoes at once!
Making The Perfect Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Wash your potatoes under cool water and then place them on a paper towel.
Use a fork to pierce the skin of each potato about 6-8 times to allow steam to escape during the cooking process.
Place your potatoes in a large mixing bowl and coat them in two tablespoons of olive oil. (Optional: Season the potatoes using Salt and Pepper to taste.)
Place your trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot.
Place your potatoes in the Instant Pot.
Secure the lid of your Instant Pot.
Activate the Pressure Cooking Setting on High. This will take 12-15 minutes, we opt for the full 15 minutes.
While the pressure is building in your pressure cooker, take time to prepare your toppings.
For bacon, you can use store bought bits or cook and chop your own.
For chives, mince or chop them using a cutting board and safe knife practices.
Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally.
If you’re in a hurry, you can manually release the pressure but this will likely lead to less desirable results.
After the pressure is released, remove the lid from your Instant Pot.
Use tongs to safely move the potatoes from the Instant Pot to a plate.
Cut the potatoes open with a steak knife while being careful of escaping steam.
Use your fork to fluff the inside of the potato by stabbing and twisting.
Add your toppings as desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Check out more of our in-depth and easy-to-follow recipes here.
Want something sweet to follow your potato?
How about fresh ideas delivered to you each week?
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to see our latest creations, plus you’ll get access to exclusive deals.
Become part of the Home Pressure Cooking Family by following us on Facebook!
Be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Cutting Board (Optional for Chopping Toppings)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Pressure Cooker
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bacon Bits
- Chives Chopped or Minced
- Ranch Dressing
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Gather your ingredients.
- Wash potatoes with cool water.
- Use a fork to piece the skin of each potato 6-8 times.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Coat with 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- (Optional) Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Place Trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.
- Place potatoes inside of the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.
- Set Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker to the Pressure Cook Setting on High for 12-15 minutes.
- (Optional) While the pressure is building, prepare toppings such as cooking bacon or chopping chives.
- Once the timer is up, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- (Optional) If you're in a rush, you can release the pressure manually but this is more likely to lead to undesirable results.
- Use tongs to remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker and put them on a plate.
- Cut the potatoes open with a steak knife. Be careful of escaping steam.
- Use a fork to fluff the inside of the potato by stabbing and twisting the insides.
- Add toppings as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!