Eva Bee here coming at you with another low-carb recipe to get you on your keto goals. When it comes to recipes for quick easy meals, your best bet is to find ones that are ‘one-pot meals’ like this one, cauliflower rice stir fry.
This comes together in around 20 minutes (depending on a few chopping skills) and the ingredients are relatively easy to find! Bonus? No underdone rice. In fact, cauliflower ‘rice’ is pretty trendy these days. This is my favourite use of cauliflower rice.
- avocado oil or other neutral-tasting cooking oil
- prepared ginger or freshly peeled and minced
- fresh garlic
- green onions
- ground chicken
- tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- fish sauce (optional)
- rice vinegar
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- hot sauce for serving
Making ‘Riced’ Cauliflower
Making riced cauliflower is relatively easy. All you need is to put chopped florets in a food processor and pulse until it’s ready. No food processor? You can grate the cauliflower but this ends up being a little messier.
Frying the Vegetables
After you prep, the cauliflower and the remaining vegetables, heat up the oil in the wok. Saute the ginger and garlic to cook the flavour a little and then add the carrots mushrooms and the white parts of the green onions.
Adding the Chicken and Cauliflower
After the vegetables have cooked down and softened, add the chicken and brown. Once the ground chicken is broken apart and cooked, stir in the cauliflower and cook until it’s done to your liking. Then the tamari, fish sauce, and rice vinegar are added and absorbed into the stir fry. Add sesame seeds, green onions, and hot sauce, and enjoy your tasty cauliflower rice stir fry!
Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Food Processor
- Wok or Large Skillet
- ½ head cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or neutral-tasting oil
- 1 tbsp prepared ginger or ½ tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove peeled and sliced garlic
- 113 grams whole mushrooms (one average-sized pack) chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 sprigs of green onion, sliced, with white parts and green parts separated
- 450 grams ground chicken
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional or 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
For Serving (Optional)
- toasted sesame seeds
- hot sauce
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until it is cut into pieces the size of rice. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat up oil over medium-high heat. Add in ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in carrot, mushrooms, and whites of green onion. Cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown and liquid from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in ground chicken and saute until brown, breaking up with a wooden spatula as you cook. Cook until liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the riced cauliflower and saute until rice is tender about 3 minutes.
- Saute in tamari, fish sauce, and rice vinegar until liquid is absorbed. Taste and season with salt if desired.
- Top with the green tops of the reserved sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and hot sauce.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group.
You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book.
For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.