Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Pine Nuts makes a tasty yet easy weeknight dinner.
Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. I am a weekly guest contributor here on Home Pressure Cooking. This week I am sharing my husband’s favorite dish for his birthday month; my Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Pine Nuts, aka Pasta Ronaldo!
Pasta Ronaldo Explained
This is my personal family recipe and one I always make for my sweet husband’s birthday, which is how it ended up the family name of “Pasta Ronaldo”. So allow me to share my, Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta recipe so it can now be your new weeknight favorite, too!
Keep in mind that this recipe has a lot of ingredients, but if there are any that you really do not like it is ok to omit them. I have a friend that loathes black olives and the dish is just fine without them. Just omit too many, or you lose the essence of what makes it great 😉
I would recommend roasted your seasoned chicken breast at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. You will want to turn halfway through cooking with tongs.
During this time I would also suggest that you cook your pasta as well. For this you will need a large stockpot with boiling water, drop your pasta with 1 tsp of salt, for 8-10 minutes, we prefer al dente. Drain into a colander when done.
Once everything is done, saute your pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes in 2 tbsp Tuscan Olive Oil for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add in mushrooms, black olives, and sliced chicken breasts. Stir in Pesto Sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
*As a side note, I make my own Organically Grown Pesto Sauce fresh from the garden every year, at the end of the gardening season and freeze them into cubes. I have written an entire post called The Herbivores Harvest on my site, JENRON DESIGN about this process. You may have seen the cubes in the pictures of the ingredients above.
Finally, turn off all the heat and stir in your feta cheese. Serve in a bowl with breadsticks and a topping of thick-cut Parmesan Reggiano. Enjoy!
Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Pine Nuts
Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Pine Nuts
- Air Fryer
- Stock Pot
- Pasta Strainer
- Wok Pan ( or Large Saute' Pan)
- Bamboo Spurtle
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- 1 lb Chicken Breast lightly seasoned with salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb Trottole Pasta
- 1 tsp salt for pasta water
- 6 oz Black Olives pitted, sliced- Optional
- 4 oz Mushrooms Stems & Pieces, drained- Optional
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes Diced- if in oil drain off oil first, the oil could be used to cook with instead of Tuscan Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tuscan Olive Oil
- 8 oz Pesto Sauce
- 8 oz Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 5 oz Parmesan Cheese Slices
- 1 package Bread Sticks optional garnish
- Roasted your seasoned chicken breast at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. You will want to turn half way through cooking with tongs.
- During this time, cook your pasta in a large stock pot with boiling water, drop your pasta with 1 tsp of salt, for 8-10 minutes, drain through a colander when done.
- Next saute your pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes in wok or large pan with olive oil for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms, black olives, and sliced chicken breasts.
- Stir in Pesto Sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off all the heat and stir in your feta cheese.
- serve in a bowl with breadsticks and top with a thick cut Parmesan Reggiano. Enjoy!