These crispy little baby’s, are perfect for any occasion, air fryer lemon pepper wings.
Game day? Yep!
Movie night? For Sure!
Uncle Vinnie’s Birthday? Yes!
Have you seen Vinnie, he could eat 3 batches of these wings by himself!
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
Let’s begin by mixing up a quick seasoning blend so that our wings will be tasty no matter what.
In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and 1 tsp. each of the salt and black pepper.
Next, I lay out the wings on a sheet pan lined with paper towels, and pat them dry.
Then, I transfer the wings to a large bowl and drizzle 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil over them, then mix thoroughly with tongs until they’re evenly coated.
Now, I add half of the seasoning blend and continue mixing.
When it looks like the wings are thoroughly seasoned, I add the rest of the seasoning and continue mixing.
Doing this in two steps helps to ensure an even coating of the blend.
Dredging the Lemon Pepper Wings
Now that our wings are properly seasoned, we need to make sure they come out crispy. Soggy wings offend Uncle Vinnie, and his birthday is coming.
In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup flour, 1 tbsp. corn starch, 1 tsp. Kosher salt, 1 tsp. black pepper (yes, it’s ok to reuse the bowl we had the seasoning in).
Lightly coat each wing with the flour mixture and place them a cooling rack.
These wings would be pretty tasty if we fried them up right now, but let’s make them even better and make the sauce.
I personally use light olive oil for this, but feel free to use whatever you like. Avocado oil is all the rage, but even canola oil would be fine.
Add your 1/2 cup of vegetable oil to a small bowl, then add 1 1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning. The lemon pepper I used had salt added, if your’s does not – add 1/2 tsp of salt.
Add your chopped green onions, and mix it all up, then set it aside.
Let’s Fire up the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 390℉ and set the timer for 6 minutes.
When it’s ready, add your wings in a single layer.
My fryer could hold up to 10 wings while still allowing for air flow. Adjust your batches according to your fryer’s capacity.
Give the Lemon Pepper Wings a Light Mist With Some Cooking Spray.
Shut the lid, or close the drawer, and let the wings fry for 6 minutes.
After 6 minutes, flip each wing over and allow them to cook in the fryer for 6 more minutes.
Now Let’s Sauce The Lemon Pepper Wings.
You can do this batch by batch, or all at once, depending on the voracity of your guests.
If Uncle Vinnie is visiting, you’ll want to keep them flowing.
Add your wings to a large bowl and spoon some sauce over. Now give them a good toss, until the wings are coated with sauce.
Now you’re ready to serve lemon pepper wings!
Enjoy, and I hope Vinnie leaves a few wings for you and the other guests.
Air Fryer Lemon pepper Green Onion Wings
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowls
- Cooling Rack
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 tbsp. additionally
- 2 each green onions
Season the Wings
- In a small bowl mix all the Seasoning Blend ingredients together.
- Line a sheet tray with paper towels, and pat wings dry
- Add wings to a large mixing bowl, drizzle the 1tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix to coat all the wings.
- Add seasoning blend to a large bowl with wings and thoroughly mix to coat all the wings with seasoning.
Prepare the dredge
- In a small bowl combine the flour, corn starch, salt, and pepper
Dredge the Wings
- Lightly coat all the wings by placing them, one at a time into the dredge mixture, and rolling them around till coated. Then place each wing on a cooling rack.
Preparing the Sauce
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil to a small bowl along with lemon pepper seasoning, and 2 chopped green onions, and mix.
Air Frying the Wings
- Preheat your air fryer to 390℉, and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Place wings in a single layer, leaving space for airflow.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then turn each wing and cook for 6 more minutes. You may need to do up to 3 batches, depending on the capacity of your fryer.
Sauce the Wings
- Place wings in a large mixing bowl, and spoon over the sauce.
- Mix, or toss the wings in the sauce till completely coated. Then serve
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid HERE.