Are you a curry fan? We just love this version of Instant Pot Thai Basil Vegetable Curry, it is the perfect option for a hearty meatless Monday meal. Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing an international treat from my recipe box, our Instant Pot Thai Basil Vegetable Curry.
This time of year we really start to crave curries. It so just happens we love both types, sweet and savory curries. You are in luck, you can also check out a few of my other favorite curry-style recipes like my sweet, Thai Rama Beef and my savory Thai Green Curry Chicken.
This recipe takes full advantage of a ton of fresh vegetables which makes it perfect for a Meatless Monday option, for all my calorie counters out there. Start by sauteing garlic, ginger, shallots, and lime zest in 2 tbsp of baklouti green chile olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
Add in the chopped pepper, green beans, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp of curry powder along with 1 tbsp of butter. Mix slightly using a bamboo spurtle for 3 additional minutes.
Then add coconut milk, 1 tsp sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and vegetable bouillon. Seal Instant Pot lid and set to High Pressure Cook for 12 minutes.
When finished cooking, carefully, quick vent your Instant Pot. Stir in baby corn and ribbons of Thai Basil. Reserve a few ribbons for garnish if you like. Serve immediately over plain Jasmine rice, or for additional coconut flavor try the coconut rice recipe below. Garnish with crushed peanuts.
Coconut Rice combine 1 3/4 cups of water, 1/2 cup coconut, 2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of butter with 1 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice. Cook on high pressure rice setting for 10 minutes.
Note: The Coconut Rice, can easily be covered and kept warm in this Instant Pot liner if you have a fresh new one on deck for the next step. Just use your oven mitts to remove, then cover with foil until you are ready to serve.
Instant Pot Thai Basil Vegetable Curry
Instant Pot Thai Basil Vegetable Curry
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- 1 lb Green Beans Cleaned, Chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 Red Bell Pepper Seeded, Diced
- 2 large Shallots Peeled, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Peeled, Diced
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 thumbs Ginger Peeled, Diced
- 2 Limes Zested, juiced
- 13.5 oz Coconut Milk (reserve 1/2 cup for coconut rice)
- 14 oz Baby Corn Drained, chopped into thirds
- 2 tbsp Knorr Vegetable Bouillon
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 oz Thai Basil Fresh, chopped into ribbons
- 1/2 cup Peanuts crushes, garnish
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Baklouti Chili Olive Oil (you can use plain olive oil if you prefer no heat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by sauteing garlic, ginger, shallots and lime zest in 2 tbsp of baklouti green chile olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped pepper, green beans, salt and pepper to taste along with the curry powder and 1 tbsp of butter. Mix slightly using a bamboo spurtle for 3 additional minutes.
- Then stir in coconut milk, 1 tsp sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and vegetable bouillon.
- Seal Instant Pot lid and set to High Pressure Cook for 12 minutes.
- When finished cooking, carefully quick vent your Instant Pot .
- Stir in baby corn and ribbons of Thai Basil. You can reserve a few ribbons for garnish, if you like.
- Serve immediately over plain Jasmine rice, or for additional coconut flavor try the coconut rice recipe above.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts.
Insta-Bakers Bundle – Tart Pan, Loaf Pan, Charcuterie Board & Pizza Cutter (Fits 6 Qt. and 8 Qt. Devices)
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!