My Cran-Couscous Stuffed Delicata Squash is a great side dish for festive fall dinners. Hey Y’all, it is Jen from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing another fall favorite! My Cran-Couscous Stuffed Delicata Squash, this is a great weeknight dinner or a great side dish to accompany your turkey!
As we get closer to the holidays I am sure that you are thinking about your holiday menu. You may have also been looking for something new and different to add to your traditional lineup this year. If that is the case look no further than my Cran-Couscous Stuffed Delicata Squash.
The first thing you will want to do is halve your delicata squash and lightly season the squash with salt and pepper along with a drizzle (1 tbsp) of olive oil. Roast in your Ninja Air Fryer at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Checking halfway through to make sure they are not overcooking or heaven forbid burning.
While the squash is roasting, put 2 tbsp olive oil in the Instant Pot on the saute setting. Add in your garlic, onion, and Israeli couscous with a pinch of salt. Stirring until onions are softened and couscous is lightly toasted 2-3 minutes.
Then stir in 2 cups of stock, thyme, lemon zest, and cranberries; I used Ocean Spray cran-cherries for a little bit more zing. Seal and set your Instant Pot to cook at manual/high pressure, for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, carefully quick vent, stir in your cream cheese and pecan halves immediately.
Once the couscous is all combined, place stuffing into the roasted halves of the delicata squash and top liberally with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 390 degrees for 10 minutes in the Ninja Air Fryer. Again check halfway into your cooking time to make sure everything is looking good.
Reserve any extra couscous to make a serving bed for the stuffed squash. Keep it warm in your Instant Pot until the squash is done baking.
Here are some more of my tasty fall couscous recipes here: Mushroom & Couscous Stuffed Peppers and Apricot Tagine Couscous
Cran-Couscous Stuffed Delicata Squash
Cran-Couscous Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- Ninja Foodi
- Mealthy CrispLid
- 2 Delicata Squash Halved, Seeded
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil 1 tbsp for squash, 2 tbsp for couscous
- 1 medium Sweet Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli Couscous
- 1/4 oz Fresh Thyme removed from stems
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 oz Cran Cherries or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Lemon zested
- 2 oz Pecan bits
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Halve your delicata squash and light season with salt, peper and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast in your Ninja Air Fryer at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Check half way through to make sure they are not over cooking or burning.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil in Instant Pot on the saute setting.
- Add in your garlic, onion and Israeli couscous with a pinch of salt. Stirring until onions are softened and couscous is lightly toasted 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of stock, thyme, lemon zest and cranberries.
- Seal and set you Instant Pot to cook at manual high pressure, for 8 minutes.
- Quick vent and stir in your cream cheese and pecan halves immediately.
- Place stuffing into the roasted halves of the delicata squash and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 390 degrees for 10 minutes in the Ninja Air Fryer.
- Reserve any extra couscous to make a serving bed for the stuffed squash, keep warm in your Instant Pot until the squash are done baking.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Jen Recipes
Check out our Ninja Air Fryer Chicken & Waffles or our Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Wings.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!