My Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is like a big hug from your granny. Hey there friends, it is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing my granny’s chicken noodle soup recipe. My Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a recipe that I have converted to a time-saving, easy, weeknight version for your Instant Pot without losing the taste of simmering it all day long!
As we head into fall and winter you really want something warm and cozy. I find that my Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect mix of both of these culinary worlds. It is like a hug directly from my granny on those days I may not be feeling 100% on top of the world.
This recipe can be all fresh ingredients for a time-saver you can use some easy shortcuts like pre-cut mirepoix which you can find in the frozen food section of your grocery store. I have just added a few fresh herbs from my garden to this recipe to up the base mixture and make the soup a little more hearty and savory.
Let’s Get Cookin’
The first thing I set my Instant Pot to saute and add 2 tbsp of oil and season my chicken with Penzey’s seasoned salt and Knorr Chicken Bouillon. I put this directly on top of my pre-diced chicken to save a little time during the 5 minutes saute process and allow the spices to really coat the meat.
I add in the mirepoix for approximately 3 minutes. We love to use our Spurtles for anything mixing, stirring, and sauteing. Place all other ingredients into the Instant Pot. Be sure to only fill with stock to just below your Instant Pots fill line, you may have stock in reserve which can be used to thin your soup at the end. Stir to combine all ingredients. Cover, and seal the lid. Cook on manual/high pressure for 15 minutes.
Once time is complete, you can carefully quick vent the steam. Remove the lid and serve while it is still hot. If you find the soup gets too thick, you can stir in the remaining leftover portion of your stock.
This makes a great meal train or “get well basket” for those feeling under the weather. Pair it with a few fun magazines, crossword puzzles, or maybe even a “Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul” book. You have a great doorstep drop-off basket.
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals HERE
Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 lb Chicken Tenderloins Chunked
- 2 tbsp Olive OIl
- 12 oz Mirepoix Style Mix Frozen Food section ( for fresh option dice two ribs of celery, 1 small onion, 2 medium carrots)
- 16 oz Fideo Pasta Noodle (or Dry Egg Noodles if you can not find the Fideo Noodles)
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Knorr Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tsp Penzeys Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Fresh Thyme stem removed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano stem removed and chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary stem removed and chopped
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add 2 tbsp of oil and season my chicken with Penzeys seasoned salt and Knorr Chicken Bouillon. Put seasoning directly on top of pre diced chicken to save a little time during the cooking process.
- Saute for 5 minutes then add in the mirepoix for approximately 3 minutes. We love to use our Spurtles HERE for anything mixing, stirring and sauteing.
- Then place all other ingredient into the Instant Pot, be sure to only fill with stock to just below your Instant Pots fill line, you may have stock in reserve with can be used to thin your soup at the end.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. Cover, and seal the lid, cook on manual/high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot cooking time is complete, you can carefully quick vent Instant Pot steam.
- Then remove the lid and serve while it is still piping hot. Note: If you find the soup gets too thick, you can stir in the remaining leftover portion of your stock to thin to the desired consistency.
Insta-Bakers Bundle – Tart Pan, Loaf Pan, Charcuterie Board & Pizza Cutter (Fits 6 Qt. and 8 Qt. Devices)
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Comforting Soups
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!