Are you a fan of curry? We just love this version of Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry, it tastes like the perfect day fall in a bowl. Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing an international treat from my recipe box, our Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry. This is another one of my copycat recipes of a favorite take-out dish, Massaman Curry, and it is tasty a fall must-try!
Are you a fan of a good curry? This time of year we really start to crave them. It so just happens we love both types, sweet and savory curries, so you are in luck. You can also check out a few of my other favorite curry-style recipes like my sweet Thai Rama Beef and my savory Thai Green Curry Chicken.
So my take and change upon this recipe were to add in sweet potatoes instead of a traditional russet potato, to change up the flavor profile slightly, it adds a nice sweetness to the dish that we really like.
Note: You could use Pumpkin in place of the sweet potatoes for a fall seasonal taste treat
Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to your Instant Pot on the sauté setting, and brown up your chicken for 2-3 minutes. Then add in your curry spices, sugar, a pinch of salt, and tomato paste. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Add in the sweet chopped onion and sweet potato (or pumpkin). Next pour over coconut milk, and chicken stock. Mix slightly using a bamboo spurtle. Seal Instant Pot lid and set to High-Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
Allow to naturally vent, then stir in 4 tbsp sour cream before serving. This curry is great over plain Jasmine rice, or for additional coconut flavor try the coconut rice recipe below.
* You can garnish with cashews or avocado slices if you wish.
Coconut Rice combines 1 3/4 cups of water, 1/2 cup coconut, 2 tsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of butter with 1 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice. Cook on rice setting and High-Pressure for 10 minutes.
Note: The Coconut Rice can easily be covered and kept warm in this Instant Pot liner if you have a fresh new one on deck for the next step. Just use your oven mitts to remove, then cover with foil until you are ready to serve.
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 lb Chicken Tenderloin Diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Chopped – (You can substitute pumpkin here for a season treat)
- 1 Sweet Onion Chopped
- 3 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder (Yellow)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 10.14 oz Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Cashews Garnish optional
- 1/2 Avocado Garnish-optional (Sliced)
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil your Instant Pot on the sauté setting, and brown up your chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in your curry spices, sugar, pinch of salt and tomato paste. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in your chopped onion and sweet potato.
- Next pour over coconut milk, and chicken stock. Mix slightly using a bamboo spurtle.
- Seal Instant Pot lid and set to High Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow to naturally vent stir in 4 tbsp of sour cream before serving. Serve over Jasmine rice, garnish with cashews and avocado slices.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!