My Ninja Air Fryer Fish Tacos are the perfect way to celebrate the end of summer.
Hi everyone, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. I am a weekly guest here on Home Pressure Cooking. Today I am sharing the perfect end of summer dinner with my Ninja Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Avocado Slaw.
This recipe one of my husband’s favorites, that I am sharing this week, he absolutely loves beer battered Ninja Air Fryer Fish Tacos. These remind him of his favorite restaurant and I love that I was able to alter the original pan fried recipe and make this a heart healthier version in the Ninja Air Fryer Fried Fish. I say save those calories for dessert, like my Candied Peaches or Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake.
Quick and Easy
Ninja Air Fryer Crispy Fried Fish is such a quick and meal that utilizes the Ninja Air Fryer. If you have the Ninja Foodi all in one HERE, it will make this recipe even easier. The Mealthy Crisplid is also a wonderful addition to the Instant Pot 6 or 8 Qt. You can grab a deal on that HERE today using code HOMEPRESSURECOOKING for $10.00 off.
The first part of this recipe is mixing all the dry ingredients together in a dish for easy coating. Then mix Dos XX beer, Cholula hot sauce, and sour cream to make a wash for your fish fillets. Dip fish fillets into the wash, before coating. I like to season the fish with a little salt and pepper to taste. After a quick in the beer wash then dredge into the Southwestern Panko mixture.
You will want to use the grill grate provided with your Air Fryer to layer as many pieces of fish as you can. This will just save you some cooking time.
Bake for 15 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 390 degrees. You may need to flip your fish halfway through the cooking time to prevent burning. When finished removed with tongs and serve with avocado coleslaw with a little crumbled queso fresco for that Baja fresh feel on warm tortillas.
Making a quick avocado slaw to garnish is easy with a bag of basic shredded coleslaw, fresh cilantro, 2 avocados mashed, and 1 packet of guacamole seasoning.
By using the avocado in place of the mayonnaise this also keeps your coleslaw a bit more weather proof in warmer temperatures, and doubles as your guacamole.
Ninja Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Ninja Air Fryer Southwestern Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Trivet
- 1 lb Fish- Flounder, Cod, Catfish, Mahi Mahi, Tilapia or Orange Roughy.
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning (Old El Paso)
- 2 tbso Flour
- 1/2 cup Dos XX's Beer
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Cholula Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 bag Cole Slaw
- 2 avocados
- 1 packet Guacamole Seasoning (concord)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Tomato diced- topping
- 1 Queso Fresco Cheese crumbled
- 12 Soft Taco Tortillas
- Pre mix all the Panko, Taco Seasoning and Flour together in a shallow pie dish for easy coating.
- Combine beer, sour cream and hot sauce in a bowl to coat your fish. Dip pre seasoned seasoned fish into mixture.
- Then dredge fish into pie pan and coat with dry mixture.
- Place fish into Air Fryer, you will want to use the grill grate provided with your Air Fryer to layer as many pieces of fish as you can which will save you some cooking time.
- Bake for 15 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 390 degrees. YOu may need to turn half through cooking.
- When finished removed with tongs and serve with coleslaw and fries for the perfect crispy fish.
- While fish is cooking peel and seed two avocados, then mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in guacamole seasoning packet, fold in coleslaw mix and fresh cilantro chill until ready to serve.
- Assemble tacos with a few chunks of fish top with fresh tomatoes avocado slaw, and fresh queso fresco crumbles for a baja fresh flavor.