My Instant Pot Aloha Tacos are the perfect meal option for Taco Tuesday! Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing one of our Taco Tuesday favs, Instant Pot Aloha Tacos.
Do you need a vacation? Maybe a quick trip to the tropics? Well, you are in luck, my aloha tacos recipe will bring a little taste of the tropics to you. Try a few of my other outstanding vacation must-try recipes like Thai Lettuce Wraps, Chickpea Shawarma Pitas, and Pepper Jack Porkies.
Instant Pot Aloha Tacos combine fresh ingredients for simple tropical flavors that will remind you of the beach. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to your Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add in half sliced onions, and pepper then sauté for 3-5 minutes. Next add in your ground chicken, seasoned with taco seasoning. Saute using a spurtle to stir with until browned, around 5-6 minutes.
Add in 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 cup of chicken stock. Seal Instant Pot lid and cook for 8 minutes at High-Pressure Cook, quick release, and serve.
To make a quick pico fruit salsa while filling is cooking~ drain pineapple, add diced tomato, kiwi, remaining onion minced, half the cilantro (optional), and half of the lime juice to taste; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Make a quick Lime Crema sauce by adding all of the lime zest and remaining lime juice to 8 tbsp of sour cream. Then Assemble your Tacos by adding the filling, top with Fruit Pico and Lime Crema, and optional fresh cilantro.
Note: You can also serve over rice, as a rice bowl option. You can see my Coconut Rice recipe over at Thai Rama Beef if you choose not to serve in tortillas or even lettuce leaves which are also a tasty low carb option.
To make my easy, Coconut Rice~ combine 1 3/4 cups of water, 1/2 cup coconut, 2 tsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of butter with 1 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice. Cook on High-Pressure and the rice setting for 10 minutes.
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Instant Pot Aloha Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium Red Onions Sliced
- 2 Poblanos Seeded, Sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 8 oz Crushed Pineapple Drained
- 2 Kiwi Peeled, Diced
- 1 Lime Zested, Juiced
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro Optional, Garnish
- 8 tbsp sour cream
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil your Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add in half sliced onions, and pepper then sauté using spurtle or wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes.
- Next add in your ground chicken, seasoned with taco seasoning. Cook until browned, around 5-6 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 cup of chicken stock. Seal Instant Pot lid and cook for 8 minutes at High Pressure Cook, quick release and serve.
- Pico Fruit Salsa~ while filling is cooking drain pineapple, add diced tomato, kiwi, remaining onion minced, half the cilantro (optional), and half of lime juice to taste; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lime Crema~ combine lime zest and remaining lime juice to 8 tbsp of sour cream.
- Assemble your Tacos by adding filling, top with fruit pico and Lime Crema, and optional fresh cilantro.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.