Lettuce wraps are a light meal option during the hot summer months. Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing a quick little lunch special from my recipe box, our Easy Thai Lettuce Wrap Filling. This the perfect filling for a tasty lettuce leaf fresh from the garden.
Do you love food with flavor like we do? Well you are in luck, now you can check out a few of my other favorite Thai dishes as well, like my Thai Rama Beef, Thai Coconut Shrimp, Thai Basil Fried Chicken Rice and Thai Green Curry Chicken.
My easy Thai lettuce wrap filling in the Instant Pot is so yummy, that you can eat it rolled inside of a fresh lettuce leaf for a low carb option or over a bed of rice for a hearty meal option. It is even great chilled for a few hours in the refrigerator and served as a cold salad. The serving possibilities are endless, so it is the perfect recipe to keep on hand for any summertime meal.
Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to your Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add in onions, and bell pepper then sauté for 3-5 minutes. Next add in your meat, which can be ground chicken, beef, or pork. Seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned, around 5-6 minutes.
Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, and butter. Cover and set to high-pressure cook for 5 minutes. Allow venting naturally, approximately 10 minutes. Scoop with a slotted Spurtle to drain excess juice, inside of large lettuce leaves, topped with crushed peanuts, a fresh squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro.
Note: You can also serve over rice, see my Coconut Rice recipe over at Thai Rama Beef if you choose not to serve in lettuce leaves.
To make my easy, Coconut Rice~ combine 1 3/4 cups of water, 1/2 cup coconut, 2 tsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of butter with 1 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice. Cook on high-pressure and the rice setting for 10 minutes.
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot HERE. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Easy Thai Lettuce Wrap Filling in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 2 Bell Peppers Any Color
- 2 medium Sweet Onions
- 1 lb Ground Meat ( can be chicken, pork or beef)
- 8 tbsp Hoisin Glaze
- 2 oz Sriracha
- 2 Limes quartered for serving
- 2 oz Peanuts crushed for garnish- optional
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 head Lettuce Romaine or Iceberg
- 1 bunch Cilantro Garnish- optional
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil your Instant Pot on the sauté setting, add in onions, and bell pepper sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your ground meat (chicken, beef or pork) seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned, around 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, and butter.
- Cover and and set to high pressure cook 5 minutes.
- Allow to vent naturally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Scoop with a slotted Spurtle to drain excess juice, inside of large lettuce leaves, topped with crushed peanuts, a fresh squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.