Hi there, friends! Ready for a super yum, and simple soup recipe? Even though it’s summertime and you may be thinking cheeseburgers on the grill. We are always up for a big pot of soup no matter what time of year. This cheeseburger soup is hearty and will feed a hungry crowd, no doubt.
It’s evident we enjoy our burgers around here at Home Pressure Cooking. Just in case you ever missed our famous Big Mac attack, or our Quarter pounder pie, you can see we are big fans. It’s also very simple to make a nice homemade burger in the Instant Pot. They are juicy and delicious. Sometimes it’s just too hot to put on the grill and this is a great alternative.
For this recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients. Ground hamburger, onion, carrots, cheddar cheese potatoes, and a few seasonings. You will want to dice your veggies cubed size so they cook evenly and are perfect in the soup.
We made this recipe in our 6 Qt. Instant Pot, however, it can be made in any size pressure cooker you have. Including your 3 Qt. Mini Instant Pot.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try. Let us know what you think when you do.
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 5 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 1/2 cup cubed carrots
- 1 1/2 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz Shredded cheddar cheese or velveeta
- 1 Sweet onion
- fresh parsley to taste
- salt to taste
- Croutons for garnishing (optional)
- First set your pressure cooker on saute medium mode. Add ground hamburger, onion, salt to taste.
- Saute on medium setting until meat is browned and onions are sauted. Be sure to mix around often using a Spurtle or wooden cooking spoon. Drain excess fat and be sure to scrape any bits of the bottom of that pot that may have stuck
- Next, add in your carrots, potatoes, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all ingredients well.
- Next, set your pot on High Pressure for 5 minutes. It will take some time to build pressure.
- Let Naturally release for 5 minutes and then proceed with a Quick release away from cabinets an your face.
- Open pot carefully, mix well and now add your cheese. Mix again to get cheese evenly distrubuted throughout the soup.
- Ready to serve and garnish. Enjoy
Pin it, make it, enjoy!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Check out our Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup or our Instant Pot French Onion Soup.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!