My easy Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pitas make a great lunch. Hi everyone, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing one of our easy lunchtime meals Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pitas.
As many of you all know my husband and I both work from home which means we make a lot of lunches. This recipe is a tasty lunchtime meal that is super easy to make in the air fryer. I call it my Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pitas.
Shawarma in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pitas is a meal that utilizes Ninja Air Fryer. If you have the Ninja Foodi all in one, it will make this recipe even easier. The Mealthy Crisplid is also a wonderful addition to the Instant Pot 6 or 8 Qt.
I love all the fresh ingredients that go into this recipe it is a nice cross between a salad and a sandwich. Perfect for a light dinner or mid-day lunch. This recipe can easily be made into a vegetarian option if you like by simply omitting the grilled chicken.
If you are doing the chicken make sure to marinate the chicken with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of Shawarma seasoning, the night before for the best flavor. I personally like to put mine into a Ziploc bag, to mix and store for easy cleanup.
Let’s Get Cookin’
The first thing you will want to cook in the air fryer is the roasted chickpeas. Drain chickpeas, and then toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of shawarma seasoning. Then roast at 390 degrees for 7 minutes. When the chickpeas are done remove them from the air fryer and place into a bowl.
During this time you will want to clean all your produce and slice up your tomatoes, cucumber, and dill. Create the cold cucumber dill salad topping by adding 1 cup of feta cheese crumbles, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste. Then refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the pitas.
Once the chickpeas are done, bake your pre-marinated chicken breast for 18 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 375 degrees. Flip halfway through cooking at the 9-minute mark. When finished removed and thinly slice on cutting board.
To assemble spread 1 tbsp hummus and 1 tbsp sour cream inside each of your pita pocket halves. The fill with shawarma chicken, roasted chickpeas, and cucumber dill salad.
Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pitas
Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Pita’s
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Pre Marinated- 1 tbsp Olive Oil 2 tbsp Shawarma seasoning (put in Ziploc bag over night in refrigerator)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil 1 for chicken/ 1 for salad
- 4 Pita Rounds Halved
- 26.8 oz Chickpeas Drained, coated with 2 tbsp flour 2 tbsp Shawarma for roasting
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 8 oz Grape Tomatos Halved
- 1 English Cucumber Halved and Sliced
- 1/2 oz Dill Rough Chopped
- 8 tbsp Hummus
- 8 tbsp Sour Cream
- *Marinate chicken breast overnight with 1 tbsp or olive oil and 2 tbsp of shawarma seasoning.
- First you will want to cook in the air fryer is your roasted chickpea. Toss drain chickpeas with 2 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of shawarma seasoning.
- Roast Chickpeas at 390 degrees for 7 minutes. When the chickpeas are done remove from Air Fryer and place into a bowl.
- During this time you will want to clean all your produce and slice up your tomatoes, cucumber and dill.
- Create the cold cucumber dill salad topping salad by adding the 1 cup of feta cheese crumbles, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Then refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the pitas.
- Bake your premartinated chicken breast for 18 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 375 degrees. Flip half way through cooking at the 9 minute mark. When finished removed and thinly slice on cutting board.
- To assemble spread 1 tbsp hummus and 1 tbsp sour cream inside each of your pita pocket halves. The fill with shawarma chicken, roasted chickpeas and cucumber dill salad. Take a break and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 tablespoon Smoky Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Five Pepper Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.