This is by far one of our dinner-time favorites, we just love Instant Pot Thai Green Curry. Hi friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing a treat from my recipe box, our Instant Pot Thai Green Curry. This is one of our favorites!
Add 2 tbsp of olive oil your Instant Pot on sauté setting, add in onion, bell pepper and green beans. Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the minced garlic and ginger and saute’ for 1 additional minute.
Season chicken breast, by coating with all dry spices, and add to your Instant Pot, along with your chopped Thai Basil. Stir until chicken is lightly browned for about 3-5 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk add deglaze the bottom of the pot. Add in 3 tbsp of the green curry paste, brown sugar, lime juice/zest, fish sauce, baby corn, and bamboo shoots. Lightly mix. Secure Instant Pot lid and set to Manual High-Pressure Cook for 8 minutes.
Quick release when done. Stir in the remaining curry paste, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving so the flavors infuse into the dish. Serve over Jasmine rice and top with some additional Thai basil, jalapeños, Cilantro or Sriracha and enjoy.
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Instant Pot Thai Green Curry
Instant Pot Thai Green Curry
- Instant Pot
- Slotted Spurtle
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts chunked and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 large Bell Pepper (red or green) diced
- 1 tbsp garlic fresh, minced
- 4 oz Green Curry Paste (Thai Kitchen makes a good one)
- 1 tbsp Ginger fresh, minced
- 13.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 20 Green Beans fresh, prepped
- 8 oz Bamboo Shoots drained
- 16 oz Baby Corn drained
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce (not soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 cup Thai Basil Leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (Buakolati Green Chili)
- 1 Lime Zested & Juiced
- 1 Cilantro garnish, optional
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot on Sauté setting and start saute with the onion, peppers and green beans and sauté for 5 minutes. Using a spurtle or wooden spoon is best. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Then, add in the seasoned chicken with all dry spices and Thai Basil. Stir until lightly browned for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Be sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add in 3 tbsp of the green curry paste, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce baby corn and bamboo shoots.
- Secure Instant Pot lid and set to Manual High Pressure Cook for 8 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Stir in the remaining curry paste, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving so the flavors infuse into the dish.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.