Mashed potatoes are arguably one of the best side dishes there are. If you love them, then you are definitely going to love these Instant Pot Garlic Herbed Mashed Potatoes. Believe me, it does not get any faster or simpler than this. Ten minutes in just one pot. Creamy, fluffy, and oh so tasty!
How to Make Instant Pot Herbed Mashed Potatoes
We all know how long it takes to boil potatoes until they are fork-tender. But because we are using an Instant Pot, the cooking time is decreased dramatically.
First, peel the potatoes and quarter them. Place all the peeled and quartered potatoes in the Instant Pot and add enough water to completely cover them.
Put half of the salt and place the lid on and seal it. Cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes.
Afterward, do a quick release of the steam and drain the potatoes. Put the potatoes back in the Instant Pot and mash them. If you have the stainless steel liner you can use the hand mixer, no problem.
Add in the butter, garlic, herbs, broth, sour cream (or cream cheese), Parmesan cheese, and the remaining salt. Stir everything together until well-combined. Taste it and add more salt and pepper as needed.
And just like that, you have the perfect, creamy, garlicky Instant Pot Garlic Herbed Mashed Potatoes.
Serve it with more butter and some parsley or chives, and pair it with Cubed steak or, Our Crack Pot roast, Salisbury meatballs or you can just eat it on its own!
Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 kg potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream (or cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- a few sprigs of your choice of herbs
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 4 tsp salt
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the peeled and quartered potatoes in the Instant Pot and add enough water to completely cover them.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of salt and cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the steam and drain the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes back in the Instant Pot and mash them.
- Add in the butter, garlic, the herbs, broth, sour cream (or cream cheese), Parmesan cheese, and the remaining salt. Stir everything together until well-combined.
- Taste it and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.