Ready to mix things up, give my Amazing Apricot Tagine in the Air Fryer a try! It is perfect for a Meatless Monday! Hey there, friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I am sharing a flavor-filled favorite for my meatless Monday recipes, my Amazing Apricot Tagine. You can check out other meatless Monday recipes like my Mediterranean Couscous too!
Do you like hummus? Are you looking for something a little bit new and different to eat that has a ton of delicious flavor? Let me tell you my new obsession has been Air Fryer roasted chickpeas, they are absolutely delicious and this flavor reminds me of a lot of hummus.
Apricot Tagine is a savory vegetarian dish that incorporated those tasty treats and utilizes both the Instant Pot and Ninja Air Fryer all in one recipe. This Moroccan dish is a crazy good, fragrant, spiced meal. If you have the Ninja Foodi all in one, it will make this recipe even easier.
o you may be wondering what exactly is a Tagine? A Tagine is a Moroccan-based mix, of warm flavored spices that can be used on a variety of meats or vegetables. While you can buy a pre-made tagine spice, I have been known to mix my own spices, which I will list below for you:
- ground cumin
- ground ginger
- black pepper
- ground cinnamon
- ground coriander
- ground allspice
- ground cloves
As you can see the dried apricots will be the star of this dish, with a few other great supporting roles filled by zucchini, chickpeas, and sweet onions.
These lovely veggies will all get sliced up and lightly coated with 1 tbsp of olive oil and your Tagine spice. Then roasted for 10-12 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 390 degrees.
While you are roasting your vegetables in the Air Fryer, you will also want to start your couscous in the Instant Pot. Combine 2 cups of vegetable stock, 1 cup couscous, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp lemon zest, 3 oz dried apricots (reserving 1 oz for garnishing), and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Set to High-Pressure Cook for 5 minutes and allow it to naturally vent when finished.
Next, you will need to make your two toppings for the dish. One is a lemon cream fresh made with sour cream, 1 tsp of water, 2 tbsp lemon zest, and the juice of half the lemon.
The second spice sauce is 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp olive oil, tsp minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste and as much diced jalapeño as you like for heat.
Carefully remove the Instant Pot lid when the natural vent is finished and fluff couscous with a slotted Spurtle. Divided into portions into bowls and place roasted vegetables from the Air Fryer over the top of couscous. Then garnish with both sauces, sliced almonds, and of course apricots. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Amazing Apricot Tagine
Amazing Apricot Tagine
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( can be doubled for a larger 6 Qt. Pot)
- Air Fryer
- 2 Zucchini Coined and halved to half moons
- 2 13.4 Chickpeas Drained and rinsed
- 1 large Sweet Onion quartered into slices
- 1 tbsp Tagine Spice (see recipe attached)
- 1 cup Couscous
- 2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 4 oz Dried Apricots reserve 1 oz for Garnishing
- 1 oz Almond Slices Garnish
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Lemons Zested and juiced
- 1 Jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 bunch Cilantro Cleaned Chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (for Vegetables & Sauce)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Sriracha or Hot Sauce garnish optional (my husband likes to add this)
- Clean and wash all your lovely veggies. Combine your chickpeas, zucchini and onion in a medium bowl and lightly coated with 1 tbsp of olive oil and your Tagine spice.
- Then roasted for 10-12 minutes in your Ninja Air Fryer at 390 degree.
- While you are are roasting your vegetables in the Air Fryer, start you your couscous in the Instant Pot. Combine 2 cups of vegetable stock, 1 cup couscous, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp lemon zest, 3 oz dried apricots (reserving 1 oz for garnishing), and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Set to High Pressure Cook for 5 minutes and allow to naturally vent when finished.
- Create your two toppings for the dish. Lemon Cream Fresh- made with sour cream, 1 tsp of water, 2 tbsp lemon zest and the juice of half the lemon.
- The second sauce is a Spicy Green Sauce- Combine 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp olive oil , tsp minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste and as much diced jalapeño as you like for heat.
- Carefully remove Instant Pot lid when natural vent is finished and fluff couscous with a slotted Spurtle.
- Divided into portions into bowls and place roasted vegetables from the Air Fryer over the the top of couscous. Then garnish with both sauces, sliced almonds and of course apricots.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.