Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Two weeks ago, we shared a recipe for basic Instant Pot Cheesecake that you can top with your choice of fresh fruits, pie topping, or sauces. We have received numerous requests from our readers for an Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake, and today, we’re here to do just that!
Classic cheesecake sometimes does not sit well with kids, because some kids find that cheesecake has a slight tang from the cream cheese and sour cream, but Oreo Cheesecake, on the other hand, is ALWAYS a hit among both kids and adults!
And as stated before, you won’t have to be an expert on the water bath or “Bain Marie” method because the Instant Pot itself creates the water bath for you.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Ingredients and Equipment Needed
We are going to need pretty basic ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream, butter, Oreos, and vanilla extract.
For the equipment, of course, you will need your Instant Pot. We are using a 6-Qt one. Also, you will need a 7-inch round springform pan, a trivet (this is already included when you purchase the Instant Pot), and aluminum foil. To help create a smooth cheesecake batter, it is also highly recommended that you use a stand or an electric hand mixer.
An 8-inch springform pan will do if your Instant Pot is 8 quarts in capacity.
So How Is It Done?
To start, prepare your ingredients. Make sure all of them are in room temperature. The cream cheese needs to be full-fat. Low-fat cream cheese or cream cheese spreads will not give you a good quality, thick cheesecake.
Once your ingredients are ready, take your 7-inch round springform pan and grease the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreos, white sugar, and melted butter. Since the Oreos are already sweet, there is no need to add sugar to this crust mixture. Press the crust mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan and place it inside your freezer for about fifteen minutes to set.
In a large bowl and using the paddle attachment of your electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the white sugar and continue beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Next, add in the heavy cream or sour cream, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour or cornstarch and keep on beating for a few seconds until combined.
Add in the eggs one at a time and beat on the lowest speed setting. Overbeating the eggs will cause too much air bubbles, and these will cause your cheesecake to crack.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl after adding and mixing in each egg.
Lastly, fold in your crushed/chopped Oreos.
Once your cheesecake batter is ready, tap the mixer bowl on the counter up to three times so that some of the air bubbles will be released and go to the top.
Take out your springform pan from the freezer and pour the Oreo cheesecake batter into it. Cover the top of the pan tightly with aluminum foil, as well as the bottom.
Pour in one cup of water into the Instant Pot. Then, place the trivet inside. On top of the trivet, carefully place the springform pan.
Seal the Instant Pot and Pressure Cook it on High for 40 minutes. Once done, allow it to complete a natural release for an additional 5 minutes. Then, do a quick release so any steam left could escape.
Remove the springform pan from the Instant Pot carefully and allow it to cool completely on your counter before chilling. Once completely cooled, you can put your toppings. You can either use 5 Oreos cut in half, or 10 whole Oreos for a cheesecake with 10 wedges. Then, place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight. The longer is sits in the fridge, the more flavorful your Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake becomes.
When you are ready to slice the cheesecake, use a thin, sharp knife, and dip the knife in hot water before slicing. Wipe the knife clean after each slice.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 8-oz bar full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2-1 cup white sugar Use 1/2 cup of sugar for less sweet or a full cup for full sweet
- 1/2 cup chopped Oreo chunks
- 1/4 cup full-fat heavy cream/ or 1 cup sour cream We have tried it both ways. Both turned out great!
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flour or 1 tbsp conrstarch
- 5-10 Oreos for topping
- Take your 7-inch round springform pan and grease the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter, and press it onto the bottom of the springform pan to form the crust. Place inside your freezer for about 15 minutes to allow it to set.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the room temperature full-fat cream cheese using the paddle attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add the white sugar and continue beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the full-fat heavy cream, (or sour cream depending on your choice) vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour (or cornstarch) and continue beating for a few seconds until combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat on the lowest speed setting.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl after adding and mixing in each egg.
- Tap the mixer bowl containing your cheesecake batter on the counter up to three times so that some of the air bubbles will be released and go to the top.
- Take out your springform pan from the freezer and pour the cheesecake batter into it.
- Cover the top of the pan tightly with aluminum foil, as well as the bottom.
- Pour in 375ml (1 cup) of water into the Instant Pot. Then, place the trivet inside. On top of the trivet, carefully place the springform pan.
- Seal the Instant Pot and Pressure Cook it on High for 40 minutes.
- Allow it to complete a natural release for 5 more minutes.
- Do a quick release so any steam left could escape.
- Remove the springform pan from the Instant Pot carefully and allow it to cool completely on your counter before chilling.
- Once completely cooled, place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
- Top it with Oreos. For 10 slices, you can use 5 Oreos that have been cut in half, or 10 whole Oreos.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out our custom line of goods for the Instant Pot- Pressure Cooker, Air fryer, Toaster Oven, Mealthy, Conventional oven, and Ninja Foodi.
Home Pressure Cooking not only creates amazingly simple meals, but we also created a brand of goods to use in your pressure cookers. The support and feedback have been wonderful for us to continue to not only bring you great recipes but to also bring to you the best quality goods on the market today.
Home Pressure Cooking a USA-brand-seller- and creator.
All highlighted links lead to our Amazon affiliate links.
The Insta Rack ,
Find recipes HERE using egg bite molds
The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:)
Find all our>>>> recipes using the Two in One Spring-form/Bundt Pan HERE
Another cool addition to our line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini pots and up, 6, 8 Qt. etc.
Find all our>>>> recipes using the 3 cup flower pan HERE
Custom made Eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must-have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them never wants to let them go!
You can learn all about Spurtles and their history HERE
Deluxe Bake-ware set for use with all your baking needs, compatible with the Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker, Mealthy CrispLid, and oven use.
Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Recipes made using the Deluxe Bake-ware set HERE
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, but they are also quite cute too!
Check out our digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook here with over 70 tried, true and tested recipes!
You will have most ingredients and spices in your every day pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
HPC COOKBOOK HERE
If you are new to the whole Ninja Foodi experience, you can check out our Ninja Foodi review HERE.
Another new kid on the scene is the Mealthy CrispLid! This is a total game-changer for use with your current 6 or 8 Qt. Pressure Cookers. Find our Review and thoughts HERE.
Find the Mealthy Crisplid HERE
USE CODE: HOMEPRESSURECOOKING for $10.00 OFF the Mealthy CrispLid
Find all our tested Ninja Foodi recipes we have made so far HERE.
Find us on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join our Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
We are really excited you are here. You can also find us on Home pressure cooking Facebook page
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all our recipes shared, gadgets and more tidbits for your pressure cooking needs.