Hi there, friends! Today’s recipe is basically cleaning out the pantry and using what we have. We were in the mood for pasta, but not in a traditional sense with red sauce. We were thinking a cold pasta salad sounded good. This pasta salad made in the instant pot is great for a side dish, picnic, or party gathering. That is when we can gather. Some of our families are large and this makes plenty. Make a few burgers and you’re all set for dinner or lunch! You may also enjoy our healthy and delicious cold carrot salad.
We had one box of bow tie pasta, a few grape tomatoes, chicken broth, and a can of Hormel chicken salad. The canned chicken we have on hand often and use it to make chicken salad sandwiches or even buffalo chicken dip. You can get the recipe for Buffalo Chicken dip right off the bottle of Frank’s hot sauce. It’s so good and great for parties or snacks any time.
This was a simple and tasty pasta salad. The secret was the white balsamic, and a little bit of olive oil is the trick to not getting dry sticky pasta salad.
We also like to use bow ties because the olive oil seems to catch just right in the little pockets you see.
Plus Bow tie pasta really cooks up nicely in the Instant Pot. They don’t stick together as some kinds of pasta may. Spaghetti can be tricky, but we have mastered spaghetti in the Instant Pot HERE too.
We only had a few grape tomatoes left so those got thrown in the pot along with 3 cups of chicken broth. The chicken broth gives the pasta a nice flavor.
After the pasta is drained it goes right back in the pot and ready to add a few more ingredients, mix well with a spurtle, and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Obviously, you can add whatever you like to this pasta salad. If you have celery, carrots, onions, hard-boiled eggs, etc. We made it super basic, but let me tell you, it was perfect as is! Sometimes having too much pasta salad gets overwhelming. This pasta salad would go great with our Instant Pot Hamburgers or our BBQ hamburgers.
Pasta Salad Made in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot
- Ninja Foodi
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb Bow tie Pasta You can use elbow
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup White balsamic (Alessi) You can use regular balsamic
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 cans Chicken breast (we used Hormel) or Swanson any brand will do. You can use two 5 oz. cans or 1 large 12.5 oz. can
- 1 tbsp Celery salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Water
- Grape tomatoes (as many as you like)
- croutons optional
- Add chicken broth, water and tomatoes to the Pressure Cooker
- Sprinkle pasta in sections, and lightly submerge as you go. DO NOT mix. Just be sure all the pasta is submerged in the broth and water
- Place lid on pot, set to seal, pressure cook for 6 minutes on High Pressure
- Quick release. Drain pasta in a collander, do NOT rinse. Dump pasta back in pot and let sit for about 10 minutes before proceeding to mixing.
- Add one can of chicken, or two depending on size mayonnaise, olive oil, balsamic and celery salt. Mix well using spurtle. Remove stainless liner and put a lid or foil top of the pot. Place in refridgerator for one hour before ready to serve.
- When you remove the pasta from being chilled, I also recommend just a splash more of balsamic and mix well. Enjoy topped with croutons.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.