Hi there, friends! As luck would have it, today I happened to have a bag of frozen ravioli, beef broth, and crushed tomatoes. I always have spices on hand so that’s never an issue when it comes to having to season our recipes. This cheesy ravioli soup only calls for a few basic spices, such as Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
I’ve never made a ravioli soup before. I have made tortellini soup many times, but never ravioli. I thought maybe they would get mushy. We are happy to report, no mushy ravioli and the best part is, this recipe took less than 15 minutes to make. YUM. You may also enjoy our Ravioli Pie recipe.
Doesn’t Have to Be Cheese Ravioli, You Know?
You can use a cheese ravioli as we did, or beef, spinach, mushroom, etc. Whatever kind of frozen ravioli you find in your freezer section, you can go for it.
Forgot to mention, shredded cheese is optional, but it sure was good, especially melted on top at the end of this recipe. I used my Mealthy CrispLid to melt the cheese.
Who doesn’t love ooey gooey melted cheese? Some might not, but we sure do. Don’t forget the garlic bread on the side for dipping.
Instant Pot Cheesy Ravioli Soup
Instant Pot Cheesy Ravioli Soup
- Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- Mealthy Crisp Lid (optional)
- 1 32 oz Box of Beef Broth
- 1 28 oz. Crushed tomatoes
- 1 26 oz. bag of frozen ravioli
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 cups Shredded Italian or Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Garlic
- First add your beef broth to the pot
- Second add can of crushed tomatoes
- Add your seasonings and garlic to the sauce, and stir
- Dump frozen raviolis on top of sauce and broth. No need to mix in.
- Place lid on pressure cooker, lock and set to seal. Set on High Pressure for 6 minutes. When finished, do a quick release.
- NEXT is optional: Sprinkle Italian or Mozzarella cheese on top generously. You can let melt naturally or if you have the Mealthy Crisp Lid, or Instant Pot crisper Lid, or Ninja Foodi, you can bake the cheese on for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Cheesy Ravioli soup”
I unfortunately don’t own a pressure cooker yet but I’d love to make this. Can you give me any ideas on how you’d make it in a crockpot or stovetop if you had to?
I appreciate your help in advance!
Good question Brian. Its a pretty basic recipe so it shouldn’t be a problem. I would follow the recipe as directed, except Bring everything to a boil before adding the raviolis. Usually when a frozen ravioli floats its done. So throw it all in a pot on the stove on medium high heat, bring it to a boil, then add the raviolis and turn the heat down to medium. Let it simmer till the ravioli floats. Presto, cheesy ravioli soup! I would also have some garlic bread ready to sop up some of the savory broth.
Let us know how it turns out. – Chef Eric