My Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Rice Bowl a one-bowl wonder. You will wonder where it all went when it is all gone! Hey there friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today you are in luck not only am I sharing one of my favorite of one bowl wonders my Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Rice Bowl, but a few of my bad jokes to truly entertain you.
Are you tired of doing all the dishes associated with 3 meals a day, during the shelter-in-place lifestyle? Would it be nice to have a one-pot wonder meal that goes into one bowl? Yes, I thought I might have your attention. Then you must give my Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Rice Bowl a try this week.
This recipe uses a lot of basics you probably already have in your pantry like rice, onions, and sweet potatoes. Along with a few refrigerator staples like sour cream, tomatoes, and chicken. Then add in a fresh lime to brighten up the entire dish.
Start by setting your Instant Pot to the saute setting, this will heat up your pot and save you time. Then lightly saute your diced sweet potato and red onion strips along with 2 tbs of olive oil for approximately 3 minutes. I personally like using a slotted Spurtle for this part of the cooking.
Next, you will add in your pre-seasoned chicken tenderloin strips. I used 2 tbsp of my favorite taco seasoning mix to lightly coat the chicken. Then saute for 5-6 additional minutes, until then the chicken is lightly browned.
Add in 1 cup of warm water along with your rice, to your Instant Pot. Seal and cook at the High-Pressure Cook setting for 10 minutes. When cooking time is done, carefully quick vent your Instant Pot and fluff rice with a slotted Spurtle.
While you are cooking the rice, chicken, and vegetables, you will want to dice up your tomato, and thinly slice your spring onion for garnishing. Also, go ahead and mix your sour cream, chipotle seasoning, lime zest, and lime juice to make a dressing. If you need to thin the dressing you can add 1 teaspoon of water at a time to the mixture, until desired consistency is reached, so you may easily drizzle over the top of your dish.
You may also enjoy my other recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. It may be mini, but it does the job! Enjoy.
Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Rice Bowl
Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 lb Chicken Tenderloins Strips
- 1 medium Sweet Potatoes Peeled, Diced
- 1 medium Red Onion Halved, Sliced
- 1 Lime Zested, Juiced
- 1 Roma Tomato Diced for Garnish
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Spring Onions/Scallions Thinly Sliced for Garnish
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Start by setting your Instant Pot to the saute setting.
- Then lightly saute your diced sweet potato and red onion strips with 2 tbls of olive oil for 3 minutes. I personally like using a slotted Spurtle for this part of the cooking.
- Seasoned chicken tenderloins with 2 tbsp of Taco Seasoning to lightly coat the chicken.
- Saute for 5-6 additional minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add in 1 cup of water and your rice to your Instant Pot.
- Seal and cook at High Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- While you are cooking the rice, chicken and vegetables, you will want to dice up your tomato, and thinly slice your spring onion for garnishing.
- Also mix your sour cream, chipotle seasoning, lime zest, and lime juice to make a sauce. If you need to thin the sauce you can add tsp of water to mixture, until desired consistency is reached, so you may easily drizzle over the top of your dish.
- When cooking time is done quick vent and fluff with a slotted Spurtle. Divide into two bowls and top with tomatoes and onions. Drizzles with your sour cream dressing and serve.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.