Instant Pot Jambalaya is such a tasty dinner dish, just in time for Fat Tuesday. Hi friends, it is Jennifer from Jenron Designs. Today I am sharing a fun little Cajun recipe with my Instant Pot, Jambalaya.
Y’all this makes a great dinner any night of the week, but I just had to share my Instant Pot Jambalaya with Fat Tuesday right around the corner. This dish combines a lot of fresh ingredients along with a variety of meats in a rice base so it makes a perfect, one-pot wonder, weeknight meal too.
The Cajun Trinity
I like to start by sauteing what is known as “The Cajun Trinity” which is made up of chopped onions, green bell peppers, and celery, in 2 tbsp of olive oil for 3 minutes.
Then add in the chunks of chicken breast, and slices of andouille sausage to get all nice and brown for an additional 5 minutes on saute. Finally, stir in 1/2 cup of corn and 1 cup of sliced okra, along with 2 tbsp of minced garlic for the final 2 minutes of your saute’.
Next, you are going to want to add in your rice and all of the seasonings to your Instant Pot, and gently stir. Finally pour tomatoes and chicken stock over the top of your mixture and seal your Instant Pot Lid. Set to High-Pressure Manual Cook for 15 minutes.
While cooking use this time to peel and, de-vein your pre-cooked, steamed shrimp, making sure to remove the tails. Then lightly coat with Old Bay Seasoning. Once your Instant Pot cooking Process is finished carefully release the steam with a pressure release vent. When you are able to open add in the shrimp and stir.
Instant Pot Jambalaya
Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( can be doubled for a larger 6 Qt. Pot)
- 1 lb Chicken chunked
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage sliced
- 1 lb Steamed Shrimp (pre cooked) peeled & deveined, tails removed
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 1 can Tomatoes diced
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 /2 cup Corn
- 1 cup Okra Sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Old Bay (plus extra to sprinkle on shrimp)
- 1/4 tsp Thyme ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt Penzey's
- 1 cup White Rice
- Start by sauteing what is known as "the cajun trinity" -chopped onions, bell peppers and celery in 2 tbsp of oil for 3 minutes.
- Add in chunks of chicken breast, and slices of andouille sausage and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and okra along with 2 tbsp of garlic for the final 2 minutes of your saute.
- Add in your rice and all seasonings to your Instant Pot and gently stir.
- Top with tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Seal your Instant Pot Lid and Cook at High Pressure Manual for 15 minutes.
- While cooking clean and devine your steamed shrimp and coat with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Once your Instant Pot is finished cooking carefully release the steam with pressure release vent and add in the shrimp, stir and serve.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Check out our Air Fried Wings or our Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Wings.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!