Instant Pot Beef Burgundy is a fancy dish that will always impress your guests. Hi friends, it is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS, and today I am sharing a perfect dinner dish if you expecting company and want to fix something just a little bit fancy.
Y’all this makes a perfect sweetheart dinner or if you are hosting a dinner party, or maybe supper club. So today, I am sharing my Instant Pot Beef Burgundy recipe which is such a pretty little dish, especially the way I serve it up. You see I put it into a martini glass over a scoop of mashed potatoes. Isn’t this just darling?
First of all, I love that this recipe starts with all the freshest ingredients. There is just something about chopping up all the vegetables that make the cooking feel good to me.
The first step in the cooking process once you have all your ingredients prepped is to saute your onions and garlic with 2 tbsp of olive oil in your Instant Pot for 4-5 minutes. Just to get a nice caramelization on them. Then I add in my beef tips for an additional 8 minutes to brown the outside.
In this recipe, I prefer to use filet mignon tips when the budget allows for it. I really think it makes a big difference in how tender the meat is in the dish.
I quickly deglaze the pan with my red wine and add the remaining ingredients; except for the gravy packet, which will go in at the very end. Place lid on your Instant Pot and cook at the high-pressure manual for 35 minutes.
When finished cooking quick vent, remove lid when safe, and remove bay leaves and thyme stems. Stir in your gravy paste while the mixture is still boiling to set up, allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve this over the top of mashed potatoes. If you are doing a fancy dinner party try using a martini glass for a pretty presentation.
Instant Pot Beef Burgundy
Instant Pot Beef Burgundy
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( can be doubled for a larger 6 Qt. Pot)
- 1 lb Filet Mignon Tips Chopped
- 1 Large Carrot Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Chopped
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 8 oz Mushroom Fresh, Quartered
- 1 1/2 cups Red Wine
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 6 Spigs Thyme Fresh
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Packet Beef & Mushroom Gravy Mix Mix into a paste stir in at very end
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Penzeys Seasoned Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Butter Flavored
- 1/2 cup water (use for gravy paste)
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- Pre Chop all you fresh vegetables, set Instant pot to saute and add in Olive Oil.
- Saute Garlic and Onions for 5 minutes then add in your steak tips saute for an additional 7 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, then stir in tomato paste, bouillon and beef stock.
- Add in salt, pepper, carrots and mushrooms. Then place the thyme and bay leaves on top.
- Place lid on top and seal, cook at high pressure manual cook for 35 minutes.
- While cooking make a paste with gravy mix and luke warm water.
- Once cook time is complete use a long handle spoon or spurtle to pop your quick vent release valve. Once pressure is released removed your lid and removed the bay leaves and thyme stems.
- Stir gravy paste into boiling hot mixture and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve over the top of potatoes, I prefer to present in a martini glass to make it pretty.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Fancy Dinner Ideas!
Check out our Instant Pot: Seafood Paella or our Instant Pot Game Day BBQ Cocktail Franks.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!