Ninja Air Fryer Apple Turnovers, are the perfect holiday treat and ready to eat in no time! Hey there friends, Jennifer here from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I’m sharing one of my quick and easy holiday favorites, Ninja Air Fryer Apple Turnovers, and bonus the filling is made in the Instant Pot too.
Happy holidays! Today I wanted to share a quick and easy favorite that makes a great dessert, or even a nice breakfast or brunch treat. These are my semi-homemade Ninja Air Fryer Apple Turnovers. I say semi-homemade since I am taking a little help for the pastry dough from a canned crescent dough.
Every year we always end getting a bunch of fresh fruit baskets sent from out-of-town friends and family, which we absolutely adore, but sometimes the fruit ends spoiling before we get a chance to eat it during the busy holiday season. This is where my coveted apple & pear filling comes in handy. It can be frozen for pies later or used for this yummy turnover.
The ingredients for the filling are super simple, you will need a total of 8 apples or pears, and you can use any combination you have on hand, 3 apples 5 pears, or vice versa. Then you mix a half cup each, both brown sugar and granulated sugar, 3 Tbls of flour, 1/4 cup of orange juice (fresh if possible) 2 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tbsp nutmeg with your cored and chopped fruit, into your Instant Pot. We love using our Spurtles for mixing
You will cook at High-Pressure Manual Cook for 10 minutes and allow for natural release. During which time you can prep your crescent roll dough for the turnovers. It will only take 2 Tbsps of filling for each turnover so you will have enough filling leftover to freeze for a pie or cobbler. I also really like the Hawaiian Sweet Crescent Rolls for the turnovers.
Place filling inside and roll up your crescent rolls per directions on the can. Lightly dust with additional outside with cinnamon. Place into your Ninja Air Fryer and bake for 4 minutes at 390 degrees.
Drizzling Icing is The Best Part
When they are finished baking I like to drizzle the turnovers with a simple icing mixture of confectioners sugar and water.
Ninja Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
Ninja Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- Air Fryer
- 8 Apples or Pears ( you can use any combination as long as you have a total of 8, example -2 apples, 6 pears, or 4 apple and 4 pears ) Peeled, Cored & Cubed
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice Fresh Squeezed preferred
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon for filling, extra dash for outside of crescents
- 1/4 tbsp Nutmeg fresh ground preferred
- 1 can Hawaiian Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar Icing optional
- 4 tbsp Water Icing optional
- Peel, core and cube all apples and pears place into Instant Pot
- Mix in brown sugar, granulated sugar, spices, flour and orange juice with spurtle. Make sure that fruit is coated well.
- Seal Instant Pot Lid and set for Manual High Pressure Cook for 10 minutes. When finished cooking allow to natural vent.
- Take crescent dough and prepare according to can direction leaving crescents open for filing.
- Add 2 tbsp of filling to the center section of each crescent and roll up per can instructions.
- Place into Ninja Air Fryer for 4 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and allow to cool prior to icing.
- OPTIONAL ICING: While cooling you can make a quick icing drizzle by combining 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar with 4 tbsp of warm warm ( you may need a touch more for certain altitudes but start with 4 tbsp and add a 1/2 tbsp until you reach the desired consistency) . I mix this is a plastic sandwich bag by kneading it in my hands, then snip the tip to pipe on the turnovers.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.