Looking for some new flavors? Try my Instant Pot Shrimp & Corn Chowder, guaranteed to please your palate. Hey there friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I’m sharing my Easy Instant Pot Shrimp & Corn Chowder, a warm and tasty fall favorite.
Instant Pot Shrimp & Corn Chowder recipe is a great way to clean out your refrigerator from the holidays but create some new flavors.
Maybe you have some leftover shrimp cocktail, or a Tupperware container full of your side dish of corn floating around in your refrigerator? Well just by adding a few more fresh ingredients to the mix you have an entirely new meal in no time.
This recipe starts off by cooking up some thick-cut, cherrywood smoked bacon by using the saute setting on your Instant Pot. Mine usually takes about 7-10 minutes to crisp up. Then I use my slotted Bamboo Spurtle to remove the bacon to drain on a paper towel.
Next, you will add your pepper, garlic, and onion to the bacon grease you created in your Instant Pot and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Then you will add in your fresh tomatoes and corn; whether it be canned, fresh off the cob, or even leftovers.
Cancel the saute setting on your Instant Pot and cover your sauteed veggies with the chicken stock and old bay seasoning. Place the lid on your Instant Pot, and set it to High-Pressure Manual Cook for 10 minutes. While cooking you may want to make sure your shrimp have the tails removed. Especially if they were previously from a shrimp cocktail, or if you are using frozen peeled and deveined make sure they are completely defrosted, by placing them in a water bath.
Once the Instant Pot cooking time is complete, you can quick vent the steam, remove the lid and stir in your shrimp and cream while hot. Then serve up with a warm side of cheddar biscuits or jalapeno corn muffins which are very tasty with this soup.
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals
Instant Pot Shrimp & Corn Chowder
Shrimp & Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1/2 lb Cherrywood Smoked Bacon diced, garnish
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Onion, sweet (Vidalia) chopped,
- 1 pint Grape or Cherry Tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 16 oz Corn (leftovers work great too)
- 8 oz Shrimp peeled, devined, no tails
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Jalapenos garnish
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese garnish
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream garnish
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add Bacon, crisp and remove to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Use bacon grease to saute peppers, garlic, and onions for 7-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Then add tomatoes and corn. Top with chicken stock and old bay.
- Cancel the Saute setting. Place lid on Instant Pot and cook for 10 minutes and High Pressure Manual.
- When cooking process is done quick release the steam. Stir in cream and shrimp.
- Garnish with crispy bacon and Jalapeno slices. I also like to top with cheddar cheese shreds and a dollop of sour cream.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Tasty Seafood Recipes
Check out our Instant Pot: Seafood Paella or our Ninja Air Fryer Crispy Fried Fish.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!