Instant Pot Big Mac Attack
Hi there, friends! Just when I thought the Big Mac attack debut featured last February had settled down, it’s back by popular demand.
If you love the classic Big Mac you get at McDonald’s, but don’t want all the calories, saturated fats, then you will love my version of The Big Mac attack. Layers of low carb, or any carb you wish flour tortillas that are elegantly layered with lean ground beef, caramelized onions, pickles, cheddar cheese, special sauce, and of course sesame seeds. You get all the incredible flavors of a Big Mac in a whole new way in the Instant Pot.
No need to go through the drive-through. This recipe is fantastic for busy Moms on the go, or simply empty nesters looking for a lighter and easy side meal. I can hear it calling your name now!
Big Macs have always been my weakness. When I was a kid they were a weekly treat for us. I honestly haven’t had one in over 15 years. I don’t do McDonald’s often..except for an occasional egg McMuffin. Those are super yum and not too bad for you.
You can make your Big Mac, your own style. If you do not like onions, skip them. If you want to make your own homemade special sauce, go for it. I will leave you the recipe for that as well.
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French Dressing
- 2 cups Dill Relish
In a small mixing bowl, combine the three ingredients and let chill for about an hour before you start this recipe.
I used a low fat Thousand Island dressing made by Kraft and easy to find at your local grocer.
Of course, I had to make my Instant Pot Big Mac look all sorts of fancy using our Tart Pan.
Enjoy our Instant Pot Big Mac!
You may also want to save our recent Big Mac Sloppy Joe Recipe
Instant Pot Knock Off Big Mac Attack
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 oz. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- low fat thousand island dressing
- Hamburger dill pickles
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded lettuce
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup French Dressing
- ½ cup Dill Relish
Big Mac Attack
- First, you want to set your Instant Pot on Normal saute mode. Add lean ground beef and stir to break up the meat.
- Add sliced onion and let them brown a bit. I love using the Spurtles for all my saute needs. MIX well until all golden brown and the meat is cooked. Then add ketchup and mustard, and stir.
- Remove the meat mixture, set it aside and wipe out the inner pot.
- Place the first flour tortilla on the bottom of the pan. Add meat mixture, spread evenly. Next top with cheese, pickles to your own liking, a drizzle of special sauce, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Add your next tortilla and repeat. The last tortilla should only be topped with your cheese, special sauce, and sesame seeds.
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot. Set pan on a sling, or trivet rack. Lower down into the pot.
- Set on High Pressure for 8-10 minutes. This is to have all the combinations infuse and melt together.
- Quick Release when finished. ENJOY.
- Top with fresh iceberg lettuce and more special sauce.
- combine all ingredients in a separate bowl
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.