Hi there, friends! Just when I thought the Big Mac attack debut featured last February had settled down, it’s back by popular demand.
If you love the classic Big Mac you get at McDonald’s, but don’t want all the calories, saturated fats, then you will love my version of The Big Mac attack. Layers of low carb, or any carb you wish flour tortillas that are elegantly layered with lean ground beef, caramelized onions, pickles, cheddar cheese, special sauce, and of course sesame seeds. You get all the incredible flavors of a Big Mac in a whole new way in the Instant Pot.
No need to go through the drive-through. This recipe is fantastic for busy Moms on the go, or simply empty nesters looking for a lighter and easy side meal. I can hear it calling your name now!
Big Macs have always been my weakness. When I was a kid they were a weekly treat for us. I honestly haven’t had one in over 15 years. I don’t do McDonald’s often..except for an occasional egg McMuffin. Those are super yum and not too bad for you.
You can make your Big Mac, your own style. If you do not like onions, skip them. If you want to make your own homemade special sauce, go for it. I will leave you the recipe for that as well.
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French Dressing
- 1/2 cups Dill Relish
In a small mixing bowl, combine the three ingredients and let chill for about an hour before you start this recipe.
I used a low-fat Thousand Island dressing made by Kraft and easy to find at your local grocer instead of making the sauce.
Of course, I had to make my Instant Pot Big Mac look all sorts of fancy using our Tart Pan.
Our Original Big Mac Attack Recipe was made in a 7′ Spring from pan.
Fantastic as well, but it is fun to change up our accessories and try new ways.
Enjoy our Instant Pot Big Mac!
You may also want to save our recent Big Mac Sloppy Joe Recipe
Instant Pot Knock Off Big Mac Attack
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 Flour Tortillas
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 oz. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- low fat thousand island dressing
- Hamburger dill pickles
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded lettuce
Special Sauce (if not using Thousand Islands)
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup French Dressing
- ½ cup Dill Relish
Big Mac Attack
- First, you want to set your Instant Pot on Normal saute mode. Add lean ground beef and stir to break up the meat.
- Add sliced onion and let them brown a bit. I love using the Spurtles for all my saute needs. MIX well until all golden brown and the meat is cooked.
- Remove the meat mixture, set it aside and wipe out the inner pot.
- In the meantime, prep either your Springform pan or tart pan by adding parchment paper on the bottom.
- Place the first flour tortilla on the bottom of the pan. Add meat mixture, spread evenly. Next top with cheese, pickles to your own liking, a drizzle of special sauce or thousand islands, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Add your next tortilla and repeat. The last tortilla should only be topped with your cheese, special sauce or thousand islands, and sesame seeds. Carefully cover the tart pan or springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot. Set pan on a sling, or trivet rack. Lower down into the pot.
- Set on High Pressure for 8-10 minutes. This is to have all the combinations infuse and melt together.
- Quick Release when finished. ENJOY.
- Top with fresh iceberg lettuce and more special sauce or Thousand Islands.
- combine all ingredients in a separate bowl
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Homemade McDonald’s?
Check out our Instant Pot Big Mac Sloppy Joes or our Mason Jar McMuffin in the Instant Pot.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!